Manipulating Layouts that aren't the 'active' Layout

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:51 am

I think the FPS drop might be because back to front rendering. While the map is open, can you set other layers behind (that you don't really see anyway) to invisible, maybe that would help, and turn them back on when the map is closed?
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:55 am

Yep that's the last thing I haven't done yet is to hide those layers... I think it will work because when the map is "closed" it's simply those layers hidden... and it doesn't affect performance. I will make it switch the other 10 or so layers that's used for the rest of the game to invisible and it should be good to go.

I still wish there was a way to make other layouts do stuff without being the active layout... I honestly think this will be possibly one of the heaviest single layout games ever made in C2 when it's finished... It's already pretty massive in what it can do, but it will really start to show the potential when i build my "location maker" and start saving some layout data for various places the player can visit.

Thanks for the input and help @tunepunk :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:01 am

No problem. Looking forward to see a demo later. ;) Sounds like a cool project.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:26 am

Demo is always live on my domain... you can go to my project thread and check it out.

The web build doesn't handle saving and loading though, because it's NWjs - but I have a link on the web build to the standalone version with some instructions to set up the name lists and stuff (it's all manually done for now). The standalone version is a bit out-dated though compared to the web build - but the web build is good enough for a bit of a tech demo. :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?