Man's best Friend

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Recent screens showing my new assets...

Are you using the platform behavior or a control derived from the physics plugin?

I'm using the platform behavior. It could be my player's polygon though it's pretty much a rectangle all of the time. I might try to swap the dog out for a single rectangle and see how that goes for a while. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm surprised you chose C2 given your expertise & it's lack of advanced animation tools

Ha! I have no expertise in game dev at all. :) I'm a film and animation guy. http://glennmelenhorst.com/website/

Thanks for the encouragement peeps. I will find some time to dig into it.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:18 pm

It looks really nice, I am inspired!
B

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:26 am

Actually I checked my dog asset and he's a rectangular bounding box for every animation.

Glenn
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:11 pm

I was under the impression that we were supposed to use a separate bounding box (like a simple rectangle sprite) that the character is pinned to. It's supposed to be more consistent since it never changes. You would give the simple sprite the platformer abilities, and the character sprite would be just for looks basically.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Looks AWESOME! Can't wait to see it done :0
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:08 am

@Glennmel, excellent work! The graphics are nice and crisp. Congrats on what you've achieved so far!

The dog reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog. Actually not just the dog the game gives off a gloomy vibe just like the program Courage the Cowardly Dog.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:46 pm

landman wrote:@Glennmel, excellent work! The graphics are nice and crisp. Congrats on what you've achieved so far!

The dog reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog. Actually not just the dog the game gives off a gloomy vibe just like the program Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I was just about to say this! The game looks super smooth. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:54 pm

lovely animations / graphics, gameplay looks good also.
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests