Many publishers do not accept construct2 html5 games

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:57 am

DuckfaceNinja wrote:Maybe a lot of C2 user (hobbyist or quickmoney people) submitted LQ games to them and gives them an impression of C2 games are worthless? That's dangerous, given that C2 is the easiest tool to make games, it's logical to think that a lot of LQ games are shoved into the publishers face.

Yes, thats one think, everyone of us thinks to create magnificent game, but reality shows opposite result.
Another think... I spend lot of time on google play to find a good addictive game for free with no results, paid
games on googlePlay also are poorly made (check youtube). Industry of mobile games, and HTML5 is still considered as a baby, so don't expect you write game with ~20 levels and some big publishers will distribute them. It's a double risk for them:

- Waste of money to publish and if game is crap what happens next? They loosing customers.

Let me ask that way, Would you buy grocieries in the same shop, when you last time found rotten ham? (example)

My advice is simple:

If you want to make games, do it right, or don't make them at all
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Everytime people wants to have easy money, problems arises in mid term:

html5 Publishers wanted it, so they asked for quick games that would run on the older phones, with weird requirement, for a good price, people did them.

and it was kind of easy (workarounds needed, but still easier when you found them), with C2, it was even more easy, and performances were great, so they did thé cheap games.

but then it was too late, publishers were already seen as "easy money", so they had to face the flooding of cheap that, be honest, is the easiest to make run on their low end device requirements.

another exemple:

at a time, some people, called web designer I think, did everything to make their websites work, mostly ignoring specifications and using browser sniffing, as "people want it to work! wé need money!", guess what, that does not forgive that you did your job badly. browser makers have sabotage their user agent and other things to support your crap, web tutorials are full of "tricks and workarounds for older versions of IE", and some recognized as good web developers don't give à penny for spécification respect, and one codebase for everyone, "open web" lol.

same goes for full of ads websites, and ultra mail spam

conclusion: easy money is either not reliable, or will hurt your profession later on, most html5 publishers are really not worth it, as they feel like thé webdesigner case I talked about, they are spammed by crap from everyfront, but most desirves it.

of course thos post reflects my opinion.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi, now that we are well into 2016, what's the status on this topic? Are some publishers still not interested in C2 games?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:12 am

Would like to know as well.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:46 pm

@DuckFaceNinja, that might be true to be honest.
Dumbfounded Games
"We create simple & astonish games!"
Play our Games!
Any enquirers? Send us a mail! [email protected]
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:30 pm

This is an interesting topic.. So, can someone post a list of publishers who accept C2 games in 2016? Thanks! ; -)
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 am

I'am pretty sure publishers don't care what you use as long as the end product is great. You can't throw flappybird and doodle jump clones in thier face and expect them to take you seriously. You need great graphics and somewhat of a deeper gameplay mechanic to get publishers to want your game or app.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 am

I think if there is a good idea, no matter and the editor will catch...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 13, 2016 2:11 pm

PixelPower wrote:I'am pretty sure publishers don't care what you use as long as the end product is great

Hmm... We talking about HTML5 games right? How many publishers for this market do you know? I know only few. One of the biggest is a Softgames and they don't accept games created with Construct 2. It's right, many publishers have spetial C2 plugins etc but there is a pretty famous publishers that dosn't work with construct2 and it's dosen't metter how quality your game.
On the other hand there is a publishers without C2 plugins and implementation of their API will be real headache for common C2 user.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2016 2:00 pm

Nagval333 wrote:
PixelPower wrote:I'am pretty sure publishers don't care what you use as long as the end product is great

Hmm... We talking about HTML5 games right? How many publishers for this market do you know? I know only few. One of the biggest is a Softgames and they don't accept games created with Construct 2. It's right, many publishers have spetial C2 plugins etc but there is a pretty famous publishers that dosn't work with construct2 and it's dosen't metter how quality your game.
On the other hand there is a publishers without C2 plugins and implementation of their API will be real headache for common C2 user.

It doesn't matter the tool is what you create. GO look around in the forums see what other people make. There is some incredible stuff being made with Construct2 like CIty of Amber. Trust me the guy making CIty of Amber would have no problem getting any publisher. Its what you make don't blame the tool.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Distribution and Publishing