Mapache On-Fire (Work In Progress)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Before you ask, "mapache" is spanish for racoon.

Mapache On-Fire it's going to be a game about the adventures of a little racoon with a flame on his head (why? is yet to be explained).

This will be a simple, yet fun platformer game, with lots of references and parodies to other games, with a crazy art style and twisted characters.

Here, have a look at the engine coming together.

For now all the game graphics, except the menu and the player sprite, are just placeholders.

DOWLOAD

Let me know if you find any glitches or any weird stuff.

• Hahaha cute

I like the menu options and stuff, that's really well done!

Everything seems cool mate, works well. The only glitch I found is if you climb up a rope/vine and while still holding UP, you press JUMP and you will fall to the bottom but you won't start climbing again and you can't move or jump again if you continue to hold UP. As soon as you let go of UP, everything goes back to normal. Other than that, it's sweet as!

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I fixed that and re-uploaded it.

• Sweet

Works good now!

~Sol

• Nice game, like the character animation

• Nice.

Seems to be coming along really well. I look forward to further iterations.

• More than 80 views and so few comments...

Come on guys, I need little more feedback!

• I like the background, menu is cool. but really it seams like its a very basic start to the game,no enemy's(assuming there are any) and there inst really a point, its kinda hard to critique.

the animations are simple but thats fine, i like how it looks.

• I like the background, menu is cool. but really it seams like its a very basic start to the game,no enemy's(assuming there are any) and there inst really a point, its kinda hard to critique.

the animations are simple but thats fine, i like how it looks.

You're totally right about it being very basic, but what it have so far I think it's been well done, like the jump-through moving platforms, the gliding and all that stuff.

Also the menu, the multilanguage option, and the fact that it checks for you monitor aspect ratio when you set it to fullscreen and it adds bars if it's different than 16:9.

The animations are also incomplete, look for example at the climbing animation, that's the only one that has been completed and has more frames than the others.

So, there you have a bunch of stuff to critique, even if the gameplay is practically non-existant so far.

• The menu is done very well. I love the lettering; I take it the sound/music controls are not suppose to work for now, either that or my sound won�t work.

Bug ( I guess)- whenever you exit the game and restart, it automatically sets the language to Spanish.

As far as the game play go's it all seems to work very well. Gliding all of that. Very spiffy. I�m looking forward to playing a more complete version.

But you seamed upset that people didn�t have anything to say. Well. Its because there isn�t much left to say. I don�t even know what the games going to be about. What you got finished looks good, but aside from having your engine, everything else is a place holder.

• The menu is done very well. I love the lettering; I take it the sound/music controls are not suppose to work for now, either that or my sound won�t work.

Bug ( I guess)- whenever you exit the game and restart, it automatically sets the language to Spanish.

As far as the game play go's it all seems to work very well. Gliding all of that. Very spiffy. I�m looking forward to playing a more complete version.

But you seamed upset that people didn�t have anything to say. Well. Its because there isn�t much left to say. I don�t even know what the games going to be about. What you got finished looks good, but aside from having your engine, everything else is a place holder.

I'm not upset, lol.

Regarding some of your comments:

There isn't sound yet, I'm waiting for a better version of XAudio2.

And I can't reproduce the language bug, I always get the settings saved in options.ini so the last language used is retrieved from there.

• My only comment is - at least with the flame on his head, it will make a little more sense why water is pretty much lava in so many platformers. Gasp, I got wet! -1 Lives

• My only comment is - at least with the flame on his head, it will make a little more sense why water is pretty much lava in so many platformers. Gasp, I got wet! -1 Lives

Indeed.

There will be some kind of item to let you go underwater without affecting the flame (like it should be affected now).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)