Mapping

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A template which allows you to customise the controls of your game.
  • Okay, what scares me about Construct is that it doesn't offer mapping, I'm really stumped on Layouts"Maps" etc. Is it possible to create an infinite amount of maps for your game?

• Mystic
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There are ways to create level editors and save the levels and load them back in using .ini files or ive heard of hash tables being used.

I dont really know what you mean by make your game with an "infinite" number of levels. If your talking about random dungeon generation there are a few people currently experimenting with it.

Other than that the layout editor is really your "Map Maker"

I'm not quite sure what else your looking for.

• Yes, you can make maps for your game and load them dynamically at runtime. As Aeal said, there are ways to make level editors. I'm currently using a map system for my game that I adapted from one of David's level editor examples:

His example was for non-linear levels, but you don't need to have angle and size information if you don't need it (you can make your level on a grid, in other words).

Also, his example uses text copied from the clipboard but you can change that up to use ini files without too much hassle.

Making an actual level-editing program is another thing entirely... I just use the Construct IDE

• arrays work well too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)