Mario physics help

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • What I need help with is nothing more than tweaking with gravity and jump strength and all that good stuff... I've been at it for two hours straight trying to get the physics work as close as I can to Super Mario World's, but it just isn't working out, even when playing the real game side by side for comparison. I have no excuses -- I'm just not that good at it.

If anyone happens to be 1) awesome at tweaking all of these values and 2) pretty familiar with the feel of Super Mario World, I'd be eternally grateful if you could take a look and see what I'm doing wrong.

http://db.tt/H1yhR66

(Once again, some people have been having problems opening my caps... If that's still an issue, then don't worry about it. Thanks for trying )

• I played around with a Mario style game, too. Pretty good for practicing in Construct.

This post here should help you out with Mario jump physics:

Good luck!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I finally got around to trying this out, and for some reason the method to tweak jump strength during runtime isn't working. I set it up EXACTLY like the topic specifies, but... nothing.

• Wanna post an updated .cap?

I know I had a little trouble working with it at first, but that was because of an oversight really.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)