Mario style scrolling!

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 am

Hi guys im trying out construct2, living it, probably gonna buy the standard license, im testing it out for now and im trying to make a simple platformer but like super mario.

Im having a problem with scrolling, tried to search but the posts were really outdated and links no longer worked.

my problem is that i cant make the platform game scroll horizontally only and vertical when mario jumps above lets say an specific height.

i also took a look at the examples but all the platform demos start with the HERO in the center of the screen?

I would really appreciate any kind of help, thanks :)
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 am

To begin in C2 smartly and progressively I suggest you the beginner's guide if you haven't already read it. It's not about platformer, but that's the ultimate guide to start good in construct 2

And also you might want to check : The how do I FAQ with different topics such as scrolling/camera, using the platformer behavior, etc...

Welcome in.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:23 am

Hi,

Welcome to C2 :) !

Did you take a look at the following topic ?
[How do I]Frequently asked questions > Metal Slug/Mario type of scrolling

Link of the topic ! I think it can help :
http://www.scirra.com/forum/solved-manage-scroll-behavior-metal-slug-like_topic45395_post284310.html

Also it's more likely you will need to set up an invisible sprite that will be your camera !

EDIt : Owned by Kyatric :) !

Ketoulou2011-11-17 11:25:24
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:24 am

Hello franco316

You could take a look here:

Vertical Scroll Plateform game

Hope that helps
B
S