Massive File Bug is back...

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:28 pm

[quote="SuperV":3uzxegt9][quote="brodalco":3uzxegt9]
EDIT EDIT: I did that, and it's telling me it was made with a previous version of construct and is incompatible. Shrunk the file from 138 MB to 10MB, though. For some reason I find this very funny and oddly satisfying. For fun, I'm going to paste a few of the little multiplying symbols back in.[/quote:3uzxegt9]

I did that, and I got your same error, so it should be related even to loading a cap or... we deleted something inbetween.[/quote:3uzxegt9]

::DUN DUN DUN:: Thank goodness for my feverish backing-up habit.

I'd upload my functional .cap and demand Ashley fix all the little i's, but it's 138 megs right now.
B
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:29 am

The best way to avoid it is to save only once or twice and restart construct regularly. It's frustrating, but it avoids a lot of problems later on.

I also got a whole bunch of nice things working for me right now. :)
I uninstalled 0.91 two nights ago immediately before remembering my home internet connection is out because I had a botnet virus and my ISP took me down (should be back in four days). So I'm posting from a friend's place right now.

At any rate, I found a copy of 0.89 and worked with that for a while yesterday and have recovered most all of my work without a single error or crash (except one, but that was my fault :roll:)
0.89 feels so stable and safe ._.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:53 am

Just to echo what was said in another thread - this bug should be fixed in 0.92, and apparently if you remove families from your application, the bloating will not occur.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:23 pm

[quote="Ashley":367msidd]Just to echo what was said in another thread - this bug should be fixed in 0.92, and apparently if you remove families from your application, the bloating will not occur.[/quote:367msidd]

Release an hot-fix.

[size=150:367msidd]NAU.[/size:367msidd]
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic