Massive slowdown after preview in browser, since build 195.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Problem Description

____ After Previewing a game in browser, construct 2 runs DRAMATICALLY slower, with a lot of lag and occasionally freezing up entirely. Only happening with one .capx ____

Description of Capx

____ A game i have made, top down arena dodger. ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: load .capx
    • Step 2: preview in browser (Chrome) then close preview
    • Step 3 etc. You can best see the problem in the event sheet, scroll up and down, and try to change some events, everything is a lot slower and unresponsive

Observed Result

____ Construct 2 slows down, stops completeley on occasion, making it very hard to use. Fixed by closing down and reloading construct 2. ____

Expected Result

____ For this not to happen? ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: yes
    • FireFox: i dont know
    • Internet Explorer: yes

Operating System and Service Pack

____ windows 8.1 64bit ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ release 195 (only had this problem since updating ____

• I haven't got chrome but tested in FF, IE11 and NW and haven't noticed anything adverse in either the latest build of C2 or in previewing.

Have you installed any chrome addons recently?

What does Task manager say for cpu/memory utilization?

• No problems with cpu or memory, and no new addons. I have adblock and avast for chrome, but thats it

• Same problem here, i created an html5 app, for the web, and NOW the loading time is catastrophic REALLY REALLY SLOW..don't know why :s

• Can't reproduce here. The attached .capx is running the first layout within about 2 seconds of pressing preview on Chrome, Firefox and IE11. I'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit here.

• AFTER previewing the capx, CONSTRUCT 2 runs slower, not the preview. The preview runs with no issues, it's construct 2 that runs slowly.

I'll just put this here...

"Steps to Reproduce Bug

Step 1: load .capx

Step 2: preview in browser (Chrome) then close preview

Step 3 etc. You can best see the problem in the event sheet, scroll up and down, and try to change some events, everything is a lot slower and unresponsive"

• As I said before, no issue observed in editor after running multiple previews to different browsers.

• I just tried this twice. Followed your steps exactly and could not reproduce.

• Same setup, win 8.1 64b, latest chrome and FF, R195.

No issues with contruct 2 after closing preview, it runs as it should.

• Thanks Zenox, I just wanted to clarify to ashley, as I think he may have only checked the preview and not gone back to the editor.

I've spent a few hours clearing out my computer & defragged my hard drive, I've also moves construct 2 over to my 32gb ssd, which I recommend to everyone, everything feels much sharper to use

There is still some noticeable slowdown after I've closed down the preview, but it is only happening with this Capx, which I'm pretty much finished with anyways. imothep85 , are you only having the problem with one capx, or all new projects?

• i have the problem with the STEAM version of construct2; with the PC normal version my employer has buy i don't have the problem, but my licence is the steam version, and the problem comem in that version....and it happens everytime

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • when i work some hours "BAM", it start to be slow, so slow i need to stop working with it, for some minuts, and restart the software...and some time that change nothing, so i have to restart my computer....thats why, im pretty sure im not the only one with this problem with the steam version of construct2.

• imothep85

Sounds more like some background process interfering.

ie windows updates, antivirus updates, virus scans etc

• I'm using the steam versions also.... I should probably have mentioned that earlier.

• nope lennaert is not the ie windows updates, antivirus updates, virus scans process, i validated all of my process are activated to start updates at 23h so nothing is running in the back.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)