Maybe a neat feature for C3 or C2 ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • GM released a new sprite animator which is neat as damn

have a look

Ashley think this is possible with Construct in maybe C2 or C3 ?

• We can already do that using blend modes.

It might be pretty but you have to take the number of sprites in use into account.

Hundreds for a single effect.

It's just not worth the price in anything other than some title screen.

• newt - No, what Triforce means is to edit the sprite as it animates. Haven't tried to do that yet on GMS2.

• Frames might be better, but you would have to keep the count down.

No idea how to loop it without having a frame skip at the end.

Reverse frames maybe. lol

Anyway you could make an external app to create something like that in C2 with Canvas, or Paster.

No idea if C3 will provide that much control in editor when it come out.

• We can do that with spriter pro but i doubt C3 would ever have that... Scirra doesn't have enough manpower for addon features. Yoyo Games is getting better than Scirra every year that passes. That is just my honest opinion.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Neat" is correct. "Useful" not so much. This exact fire effect is the only thing I've seen GMS2 users do with it and, as newt pointed out, that's a ton of wasted frames. Something like CC's plasma object, particle spray with blend modes, or some canvas tricks could produce much better (and dynamic!) effects at a fraction of the cost.

We can do that with spriter pro but i doubt C3 would ever have that... Scirra doesn't have enough manpower for addon features. Yoyo Games is getting better than Scirra every year that passes. That is just my honest opinion.

Well we haven't seen anything on C3 yet, so. In my honest opinion GMS2 looks pretty empty and is sorely lacking in "next gen" features. It's what GM:S should have been in the first place.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)