MD5 Object

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I've made object using Construct 0.96.4 SDK. Please take a look at it and give feedback (does it work? or maybe doesn't?) . If everything goes smoothly, I'd provide some tutorials on writing own objects soon.

To install this object you have to extract it to Plugins directory of Construct.

• Um... how does it work?

I don't see any Conditions or Actions for it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's only Expression (Get MD5 String & Get MD5 File) since there's no use for Actions (can't output anything) and Conditions (Well, maybe "if error" in future).

• Congrats! Our first third party plugin

How did you find using the SDK? Any particular problems?

• Even though I'm not familiar with C++, most of it was easy to understand. But aside of this I couldn't get a clear idea on how the serialization is done here. At RunTime object creation there was something about deserializing "Version" and "MyValue". I don't know why and how to understand this .

It would be nice if you could make Template Object which'd have:

-> two Properties for EditTime and two Properties for RunTime object (to show how to serialize and deserialize it)

-> allocation of some memory block on Creation of Runtime Object and freeing it at the end (to show where to put such code to avoid memory leaks etc)

There were much more things that Template Object couldn't show how to solve, I'll try to list it later.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)