Robots have taken over the world. They quickly decimated most of the population, forcing the survivors to run and hide. The robots quickly improved their armor, becoming nearly impervious to all known weapons. Humans now live in EM dome cities.
One day a mechanic discovers a new technology, or is it... a new life form? After tinkering around, he builds the first Personal Protection Orb! The PPO is somewhere between a biological and mechanical being. It has a new kind of energy which can power weapons, enabling them to damage the robots!
Now the Mechanic Master must venture out into the killing fields, destroy the evil robots, and collect their resources in order to build more PPOs.
Video of some gameplay (Outdated. Changed to a map instead of wave system, but this still shows the basics.)
New Gameplay Video!
Keep in mind, this is in the very early stages. There are bugs, I'm not a programmer, or an artist. I'm sorry that it's ugly, but I just wanted to get started on the concept while I look into refining it. I have about 15 pages in a notebook worth of stuff to add still, but it's at a point where it's fun enough to share with people.
Thanks to the guys at Games By Design for giving out the free indie sprite pack, check it out for your games.
When you have more than 1 PPO and are in the store, click on the other PPO icons to upgrade their weapons and armor. You can buy more Knockback Bombs in the lower left of the store for 25 credits each. Press spacebar to use them when you're in trouble!
Most of all, Have fun!!
Play the game!
- Added some new background textures.
- Fixed the tutorial and added the button in Instructions.
- Made factories easier to spot on the map.
- Added level exp % when mousing over the Exp bar.
- Fixed a bug with Level Up text not showing.
- Set missiles to a 3 second detonation time.
- Added current # of knockback bombs text to store.
It's time! Mechanic Master is now saving your progress including, your level, skills you have chosen on the "R" screen, and the boss drops you have earned.
Right now the max level is 20, and that will be increased within the next few days.
Get levels to power up, find factories and kill the bosses to get upgrades!
PS. If the intro screen still says it is not saving progress, you need to update (refresh the page until it goes away)
- Defeat bosses for their drops. 4 drops so far.
- Changed from desert to a forest temporarily.
- Made the player immune to damage if 3 PPOs are active
- Added the ability to find nearby factories from the Map screen (hit "M")
- Added Options to Esc menu, allowing player to toggle music/sound
- Press "Z" to Zoom in and out
- Added Dash cooldown to UI
- New UI!
- Set the default to be zoomed out a bit. Press Z to toggle zoom.
- Right click to dash (15 second cooldown)
- Enemy Factories - Many enemies guarding them.
- Enemy difficulty zones - Determines Enemy # and type.