Meditative Fishing Game (Stylized Low Poly)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 am

looks awesome
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:15 pm

@albertjayy
Thanks, I might starting laying down some concepts for the fishes soon. Once we decide which perspective we'll go for I will definitely have some sprites up.

@Somebody
Thanks for the feedback, the water is the only drawback I can think of when it comes to slanted. Still giving this thought, I hope the indecisiveness doesn't keep me from elaborating the other parts that need to be handled.

The fish will be quite unique alright, might be going for strange aquatic mammals or quirky bizarre fish (maybe both?)
They won't be the average oval shaped planet Earth type fish we see in most games.

@Sandybee
Thanks! Low poly modeling is really easy to pick up and manage once you learn a good modeling software. I'm using blender. Learning blender takes more time than laying the sprites, once you get the hang of it the style is really a breeze. Small assets such as items take from 3 to 6 minutes while island and terrain items can take from 8 to 15 minutes. I will make final assets more cautiously and take my time with them though. My problem comes with adding color, working the materials inside blender or post processing in photoshop. That's a bit tricky for me, coming from a musician background.

@volkiller730
thanks, stay tuned!
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Having a bit of a problem with Z order and Spriter but should fix that up quickly when redoing the anims with the actual rod inside the spriter animation, not as an individual object in Construct.

Will probably stick to the flat view, might toy with a slight slant later.

Next up is redoing the character into the actual one to start working a cast animation (and fix the z order problem). Should be fairly easy since the first rod is a wooden stick.

After that I will return to keep juicing things up, adding some neat effects to ambient the flat perspective. Thinking on the lines of sun flares, hazy overlay layers, clouds, and wind.
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests