MegaMan X Clone

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:58 pm

-Serious Input Delay: I'm not getting that on my end at all whether previewing in Construct or using the link provided. If you can give more details as to what input is delayed I'll look into it.

-Hotspot: All the frames are the exact same size with the origins in the same spot. Maybe He is not dead center in every frame? I'll recheck in Photoshop to make sure he is dead center of every frame.

-Run backwards- When I play MMX I can run backwards, so not sure why you shouldn't be able to with the keyboard.

-Linear interpolation: I'm not really sure what you mean, could you clarify please.

-Wrong Charge: I looked for awhile to find the proper graphic, but couldn't find it so used what I had. If you can find the proper charging sprite sheet then I'd be more than happy to swap it out.

Everything Else: This is meant more as a learning tool for people who want to make side scrolling shooters in the same vein as MegmanX. The fact that an animation might not be 100% correct,or that a Jump and fall animation isn't the exact timing as the real game is not an issue to me.

Thanks for all your input and I'll get to work on some of the issues you mentioned.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:17 pm

Looks great!
I have a WIP game inspired on Megaman X and every now and then, found myself struggling with some minor bug. So I'll be looking forward to your project!

Cheers~
B
S

Post » Sat May 16, 2015 9:14 pm

so, where is the tutorial? this demo feel great but there is no dash,walljump, ladder climbing. im working on a mega man x like game and got a good base for it so far with about everything but this one will much better
B
S

Post » Sun May 17, 2015 2:03 am

I've been busy with work so I haven't had the chance to work with it much lately. I do plan on getting back on it soon though. The whole thing is going to entail alot of work so I'm trying to refactor my goals on it. I'm probably just going to do the tutorial stage. To make an entire Megaman X clone would take to much time and work for a single person.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Hope you will continue, the complete tutorial with capx would be really useful.
Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:26 am

Very interesting, I'm quite enjoying the project.

If tutorials bid, the C2 community will be thankful.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:46 am

So it's been a bit over a year and I finally have free time to continue this project. Below you will find a link to the .CAPX of where I left off if you'd like to fiddle with it or have ideas for streamlining the code. Ill post again once I've made some more progress.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/729 ... manV1.capx
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Came here for the Layout Transitions... I think I'll have to figure that out by myself lol
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:44 pm

VictoryX wrote:So it's been a bit over a year and I finally have free time to continue this project. Below you will find a link to the .CAPX of where I left off if you'd like to fiddle with it or have ideas for streamlining the code. Ill post again once I've made some more progress.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/729 ... manV1.capx

I made some minor changes to make the closest to the original motion.

I changed the command press the Down, so Mega has jump height levels.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:31 am

This is very interesting. It works way better than why I managed to do at the moment so it helps me a lot. Thanks for the work.

Now here's something I can't adjust and that needs to :
If you debug it, you can see that the jumpshoot animation actually never trigger, but the fallshoot does.
It's the reason why the first bullet you can shoot while jumping come out of the knee and not the buster.

Also, if you repeat running and shooting (just spam X+A while running), he does the running animation instead of jump so both jumpattack and jump could be improved.
Don't count on me thought, at the moment, I think setting up those animations is a living hell, and it drives me mad on every single project I started., reason while I looked on forum for a capx example and came here ;)

Last thing, set the origin point of the blast to the left makes it spawn at the right place and looks better. It still spawn inside the arm if you run thought.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests