Melee Attack Problems

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Zombie attack is a survival game, where you have 2 types of games: Killer and survival.
  • Hi, I'm new to Construct 2 and the forums and I'm trying to get my learning on by making a small platform game. I haven't actually started to design the game yet since I'm currently designing another game that will be developed in Unity.

So far however, I followed all the steps in Ashleys platform tutorial and then began to modify everything to learn what I need to create my own game later.

I've tried to search the forums without luck but since I'm not really down with the lingo yet I might have missed some information. If there's already a post or tutorial that covers what I need to know I would very much appreciate a friendly nudge in the right direction.

Ok, so here goes. One of the things I did different from the tutorial is the attack. Instead of jumping on the enemies I opted for a horizontal melee attack (attack left and attack right, based on which way the player is facing) executed by pressing the Space Bar. The attack animation (a single sprite with only one frame) works well in both directions and it kills the enemies as it should. I still have two problems I need help solving though.

1. I want the attack animation to run ONCE when I press the Space Bar and then go back to the animation interrupted by the attack animation. At the moment it runs continuously for as long as the Space Bar is held down. I tried to play around with the animation settings a little but it seems more like an event problem.

2. I want to be able to make the same kind of attack while in the air. That is, when I jump (using Platform Behavior) or fall (using Platform Behavior). And then go back to the jump or fall animation until Space Bar is pressed again (or the character has landed). Is it my usage of the Platform Behavior that restricts and prevents me from customizing this?

Don't have access to my .CAPX right now but will try to share that and/or some screens of the event sheet here later.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)