Melee combat ala Castlevania SotN

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A fantastic package of 112 professional-quality sound effects for combat, weaponry, blood and gore.
  • Hey guys. Im making a game similar to Metroid and Castlevania SotN. Only theres a couple problems. I need my character to swing a sword to destroy things, be it enemies or tiles. I cant seem to figure out how to go about this. I just figured out the whole shooting thing (even tho its not right, at least its a start) I just cant get it going. Could someone help me or at least point e in the right direction. Much appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Heres the CAP

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1e9cebec6a7336111bee9a6e9edd9c76e04e75f6e8ebb871

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • what im planning to do is, have an animation for the attack, and i have a swork attached to my character, and for the combat i was goint to make enemies get damage when colliding with the sword, but add a counter condition that would prevent any damage to enemies unless the attack animation was running. been using construct for like 4 days so someone else might have a better idea

• what im planning to do is, have an animation for the attack, and i have a swork attached to my character, and for the combat i was goint to make enemies get damage when colliding with the sword, but add a counter condition that would prevent any damage to enemies unless the attack animation was running. been using construct for like 4 days so someone else might have a better idea

Yeah thats what I'd do too.

I made a quick example.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1646976/sword.cap

Left/Right - arrows move

Shift - Jump

Space - Use sword

Brown boxes are destroyed when hit by the sword.

Hope that give you an idea of how it could be done.

• That's not bad, but you might want to stay away from collision detection, frame skip can interfere with that. When you think about it, there's really no need to have collision detection. I mean its a given that if you swing the sword next to the object it will be destroyed.

• part of the reason im doing this is because my sword is visible at all times, and some parts of it can overlap an enemy without swinging the sword, and i didnt want my game to just make it where u can walk around and do nothing and still hit enemies.

and yes i notices the collision is a little,,,,buggy when u have more than just boxes, so i used when overlapping, is that a better method?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)