Melee Weapons and Collision

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Actually, I just beat Dawn of Sorrow yesterday. I've been studying how they do things so I went to look at a sprite sheet to see how they do their animations and noticed the seperate sprites and all everything. That's to be expected since it would save a lot of resources (weapon sprite vs player and weapon sprite) and be much easier to deal with.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:28 pm

[quote="Mr Wolf":2ufh3cnq]Actually, I just beat Dawn of Sorrow yesterday. I've been studying how they do things so I went to look at a sprite sheet to see how they do their animations and noticed the seperate sprites and all everything. That's to be expected since it would save a lot of resources (weapon sprite vs player and weapon sprite) and be much easier to deal with.[/quote:2ufh3cnq]

That's what I said, and it keeps things neatly in nicely optimized pow2 sizes.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:03 am

[quote="Mr Wolf":2lc1rhfe]I've been wondering lately how to do melee weapons. In Castlevania, the weapon (during the attack animation) has its own hitbox. I'm sure I can't have two collision masks on one sprite at the same time, so do I have to make a seperate weapon sprite? That sounds like a lot of extra work to make them look/work like one sprite and all that. Any help is appreciated.[/quote:2lc1rhfe]

I am interested to know also about melee weapons and how will use to attack the enemy.
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 am

I know two ways: attach invisible sprite with weapon swinging shape collision or use invisible bullet with short range and high speed
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 am

Thank you for that information.
B
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic