Memory Leak with Node-Webkit

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Also, thanks for taking the time to look into it, much appreciated.
B

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 pm

I am receiving feedback on this as well. I can run game in browser overnight no prob. Running it as nodewebkit build will lead to an eventual crash. Its frustrating because i cant run profiler tools / debugger on nodewebkit export which is the only place the problem is happening on. Looking at debugger in the browser/preview doesnt help because it never crashes there.
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:11 pm

If it doesn't happen in Chrome, this suggests it's a node-webkit issue and not to do with Construct 2. Please report it to the node-webkit developers (https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:02 am

Is anyone officially looking into this? Not to be a prude, but we just created a project, using the paid version of construct 2 which seems to have a problem. As a result, we're having disputes with our client. Your apathy is not doing anything to help resolve this problem with us.

I don't buy a product from Google, why should I report it on their forum, you package node-webkit with Construct. Surely it's your job to mediate between your clients and the third party agents involved? Or are you just going to pass the buck?

Surely you guys could show EVEN a hint of effort at resolving this problem, all I've seen from Ashley are attempts to sidestep this. It's clear that this is a problem that effects a few of your clients, paid or not, and you'd be wise to show some integrity and at least attempt to resolve it.
B

Previous

Return to Closed bugs