Memory use, huge problem for large games on mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:27 am

When layout by layout loading is implemented on cocoonjs, it should solve the problem. Spriter isn't really an option for loot pursuit for various reasons, not through any fault of the program, but rather what I'm trying to achieve. If I've set it up right, memory usage probably won't go above somewhere around 100 mb at any one time with layout by layout loading working (I'm not targeting lower end mobile hardware, so it should be fine for recent devices).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:03 am

@ghost thanks for the research, I think that was what I really thought.

@Arima I did many tests, I usually do a game dry, no graphics first to see how it works. And when you have physical mobile is slow, and sometimes in firefox.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 am

damn, this is a huge issue.
B

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 pm

I have this same problem for my game, it takes 440mb of memory via CocoonJS since it loads everything at the start and not layout by layout.

There's plenty of devices that can run the game with enough grunt, just their 512mb ram is not able to handle it.

We really need Ludei to step up and implement layout loading, because each of my layout while running typically only have 60mb of assets or less.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General