Meta Ray Type X Shoot ém up

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Loopable Tracks, 4 Musical Stems, 5 Event Stingers, and 43 Sound Effects.
  • Play Meta Ray Type 4 In Scirra Arcade

Play Meta Ray Type 3 In Scirra Arcade

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Meta Ray is a shoot em up inspierd by mid 90s shooters. Its mostly a way for me to try out different mechanics from the genre. I post each updated as a separate "type". Feedback is appreciated

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Definitely change the font color from black to something brighter like white or similar; right now it's kinda hard to read since it's on such a dark background

The visual feedback from hitting enemies is done pretty well, but the audio side still needs some tuning I think; maybe just make the sound effects a little louder so it's more satisfying and you really feel your character putting damage into all the stuff that's flying towards you on-screen

And when the tanks flash from taking damage, the whole thing should probably flash, not just the base, right? It makes sense for the boss that just the guns flash so you know which part you're hitting, but for just the normal tanks it'd probably look better if the whole entity flashed white and not just the base

Really nice use of effects though on the bullets/power-ups, though ; there's a surprising amount of polish in that regard

• Definitely change the font color from black to something brighter like white or similar; right now it's kinda hard to read since it's on such a dark background

Good point. I don't want it to pop to much, but definitely being readable. I will also try to make the gui more pixel art like, when I'm making a second pass on it anyway.

The visual feedback from hitting enemies is done pretty well, but the audio side still needs some tuning I think; maybe just make the sound effects a little louder so it's more satisfying and you really feel your character putting damage into all the stuff that's flying towards you on-screen

I will look into it

And when the tanks flash from taking damage, the whole thing should probably flash, not just the base, right? It makes sense for the boss that just the guns flash so you know which part you're hitting, but for just the normal tanks it'd probably look better if the whole entity flashed white and not just the base

Yeah, I think I know how to fix that

Really nice use of effects though on the bullets/power-ups, though ; there's a surprising amount of polish in that regard

Thanks for the feedback!

• Here's Meta Ray Type 4

Added Mobile controls

Scenario Mode, survive 10 seconds on 1 screen with dynamic difficulty.

Easy mode

Sword!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)