metriod castlevania level design

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Casual Game UI Button Flat Design made in vector (Adobe Illustrator).
  • Hello.

am creating a castlevania,metriod type of game.where its continues.how did they do it?i know the whole level or world is not done in one layout.and how did make the enemy respawn when player comes back.anyone help please.

• Hello Planetheads,

Yes, you better user several layouts to construct your game world. Normaly, when you reload a layout, everything will be reset in it (except if you track those information somewhere in a global variable).

I still haven't use the new save/load feature so If you use it, perhaps you will have to specify on each enemy you want to repawn not to be saved.

I would suggest another thing that will help you : create an empty Layout called, for example, LIBRARY. And put in it one copy of EVERY objects, sfx or whatever you will need several times in your game. That way you can easely add or delete elements in your game level layouts.

The most difficult part I personnaly think, is the creation of the metroidvania minimap system.

Hope that help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello Planetheads,

Yes, you better user several layouts to construct your game world. Normaly, when you reload a layout, everything will be reset in it (except if you track those information somewhere in a global variable).

I still haven't use the new save/load feature so If you use it, perhaps you will have to specify on each enemy you want to repawn not to be saved.

I would suggest another thing that will help you : create an empty Layout called, for example, LIBRARY. And put in it one copy of EVERY objects, sfx or whatever you will need several times in your game. That way you can easely add or delete elements in your game level layouts.

The most difficult part I personnaly think, is the creation of the metroidvania minimap system.

Hope that help.

thanks for the insight...but am rookie in this.how do i make it move to another layout when my character reach the end of the current layout and if he wants to return.anyone has a demo and capx for this.

• Well, you will have to create invisible objects like boxes. We call that a TriggerBox. Their role is to check if the hero is in it and then triggering something.

Here is a simple CAPX to show you how I personaly deal with that. All the code is commented :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13847313/Scirra/TeleportTriggerExample.capx

There's probably better ways to do it. But it should help you to start with. :D

• You can also use spawners of enemies that spawn enemies when the spawners are not on screen. There is a condition called "On screen" or something like that.

• You can also use the preserve option to keep the state of objects in a layout so they remain how they were when you return to that layout.

• Well, you will have to create invisible objects like boxes. We call that a TriggerBox. Their role is to check if the hero is in it and then triggering something.

Here is a simple CAPX to show you how I personaly deal with that. All the code is commented :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13847313/Scirra/TeleportTriggerExample.capx

There's probably better ways to do it. But it should help you to start with. :D

thank you very much for the link but my version is 114 anyway i can get by that without updating.

• You can also use the preserve option to keep the state of objects in a layout so they remain how they were when you return to that layout.

thanks for the wall jump tutorial..really great! could you help me.am still in a jam with this level design thing.am still very inexperienced with construct 2.thank you.

• What's your specific problem?

You could quite easily set each of your rooms as a different layout and set your enemies to spawn on layout load, variables like player health, upgrades and XP could all be global.

There's also the new Save/Load feature that would definitely help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)