Metroid-inspired Project

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:40 pm

I sure did, @mudmask. :)

Not to derail your thread any more than I have already, I noticed in your game that you shoot a low bullet if you start moving while you are shooting.
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:42 am

@ryanrybot I noticed that too at times, it has to do with switching the animation from the standard running animation to running + shooting. Gonna definitely put a fix to that along with some other bugs. thanks homie.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:33 am

Updated build can be accessed here:
http://threesevenhosting.com/builds/11-23-2014/

A couple of notable updates
1. New enemies
2. New terrain elements
3. Gravity and Physics modifying zones
4. Some map UI updates
5. New mission objective (Search and Destroy)

Be sure to check the map for your objectives. Also, @ryanrybot, I fixed that bug you pointed out!

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging feedback! Getting to a point where I can start fleshing out some of the other aspects of the game (the level select screen, title screen, mission summary / ranking).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:58 am

The gravity/physics zone in Level 4 doesn't affect the jump, breaking the illusion that it sets up by dragging the walk animations and such.

Great work with the water/lava liquids, I like how you made the player move slower inside them.
Was getting the AI to work a problem? They work pretty smoothly!
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:06 pm

@Nesteris - good call! Thanks for checking it out. The only AI issue I'm having right now is with the geemer. I need to convert it to delta time or some how figure out how to make it frame rate independent. Right now it's moving 16 pixels, checks surroundings, and then moves again. If the frame rate dropped it would go super slow, as oppose to the hoppers who actually just use platform movement. Other than that, the hardest part was making sure that they stayed on the screen and weren't active if they weren't on screen or the screen was scrolling.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Other than that, the hardest part was making sure that they stayed on the screen and weren't active if they weren't on screen or the screen was scrolling.

You could make an event to check if they're visible on screen or not, and if they're not just disable them or set their time scale to zero.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm

juicy graphics!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:07 am

@burningcake - thanks man, they've been marinating for a bit.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 am

@mudmask, it's really awesome to see it coming together so quickly.
Also, I will definitely keep you in mind when I get around to putting some enemies in-game. ;)
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:21 am

Definitely a well put together game. Just make the levels a bit bigger to allow some preparation once the camera switches to the next room.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests