Metroid-inspired Project

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 pm

@alvarop and @Nesteris - I edited a video this year... does that count? I'm also a wedding photographer...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm

also, yes - stencyl = horrible.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:51 pm

@mudmask
How's the new snail AI coming along?
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 pm

@nesteris - been dreading it haha, but I think I'll try to tackle it over the next couple of days... gonna try and switch to 8 direction movement
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:47 pm

@mudmask
Have you tried this AI?
Or was it the one you were using? That was you could set their bullet speed to delta time and make it frame-independent.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:11 pm

@Nesteris, that's interesting - I haven't checked that out... but actually I've fixed the geemers, didn't use 8 direction or platform, just ended up retooling my engine. It actually works better than ever, and is framerate independent. Much respect to the developers of the 80's, some of these enemy behaviors are more complex than they seem!

A quick update - didn't upload a new build, but here are some screenshots. New additions include:
    Several New Enemies and Behaviors (see screen shots)
    Zone scrolling camera movement for specific rooms (see screen shots) - which addresses the issue of not being able to see where to jump vertically in certain situations
    Improved game-play elements, such as marking enemies that need to be eliminated
    New tilesheets

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Loving the new enemy behaviours! The game is really coming together well. Can't wait until the next build. :)
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:14 pm

@ryanbot - thanks for keeping up with the project! I need to add in item drops and a better level end screen... and maybe start on the actual level select screen as well. THEN I'll put something up for you guys!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:40 am

ryanrybot wrote:Loving the new enemy behaviours! The game is really coming together well. Can't wait until the next build. :)

It's been a while, but here's a brand new build:
http://threesevenhosting.com/builds/12-15-2014/

It has a lot of new things kind of under the hood, but I also spent some time refining and creating some more complex enemy behaviors and mission objectives. There's a few new area tilesets, as well as a new objective.

Let me know what you guys think or if you run into any bugs. Thanks for all the encouraging feedback!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Your enemy AI is pretty flawless, I must say. Great job! :)

I did run into a slight control hiccup; while standing and moving at the same time, you cannot crouch. You have to be completely stopped. If you could make it so that you can crouch while moving, it would feel much better. You can, however, stand up while moving from a crouch position, which feels much better.
One thing that has been a little off from the beginning is the jump speed, and this is just a personal opinion, but if the gravity and jump strength were reduced, I feel it would be easier to control your jumps.

All in all you've done a pretty awesome job so far. Let me know when you post another build! :)
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests