Metroid-like - Project Codename NITL

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 am

Hello everybody!

This is the first time I'm making this game known about publicly,
It's been in development since August, it got stuck during September, but it's made a full recovery.

My game doesn't have a set name as of yet, however it is going by the project codename "NITL". (The codename is also a hidden joke.)
It's in the Metroidvania genre. I've mostly been doing the mechanics and bug fixing instead of sprites and story.

Like Metroid, it's going to be a minimalist story focusing solely on gameplay.

If the game looks unfinished, it's because it's total development time rings to about 2 (two) months.
And I was obsessing about one particular thing during it, namely the inter-layout transition which @Tokinsom indirectly helped me figure out. (You were the muse for the idea, buddy!)

nw 2014-11-27 12-17-29-44.png

projectcyanexperimentaltransiti 2014-11-27 12-03-18-73.png

NITL.gif

I chose 8-bit because it's easiest to sprite, and considering I'm all on my own I have to do it myself.
I had a team helping me out with the programming, music and sprites but they left without telling me so I'm on my own again.

The forums have been a major help to me in keeping this alive, I thank everyone that's helped me on here and I apologize for bugging you guys in the event that I do.

The game currently sits at 224 events and 24.8mb download, I'll try and put up a demo for you guys to play around with later.

If you want to help out, I'd greatly appreciate a lot! Just send me a PM if you do.

Will update later, bit busy at this instant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nesteris on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Here is a link to the pre-alpha demo!

Important Note;
Some of the background songs are very large, so you have to give them time to download before they play.
So don't worry, the game isn't buggy.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:03 am

That's coming along pretty good! The character movements seemed a bit fast, which may be a problem if you ever have vertical sections. When the screen starts moving up and down and side to side really fast, it gets a little disorienting.
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:23 am

@ryanrybot
Are you sure it's the player's speed and not the browser performance making it look jittery?
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:55 am

It was buttery smooth when I played it, and it controls well. I was just mentioning that it looks like you have the camera following the character, and if you ever have vertical sections that require a lot of jumping you may find that, with the entire screen moving to follow the character, it could get a little hard on the eyes.
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 am

@Nesteris
Metroid:ZM Engine (Construct 2 Metroidvania Prototype[YouTube]).
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:42 pm

@ryanrybot
There's two types of in-game cameras, one is set to the player's position every tick if the player is not overlapping a camera zone, the other is a lerp camera that is more smooth with the movement with a 0.1 "delay". The lerp camera is the one that's used for vertical shapes and traps.

@JamesXXXYZ
If you read the post you'd see that I mentioned one "Tokinsom" helping me, as in the same person who created that video which I've already seen when it came out.

As for the game, a new demo version could come out on here soon with new features and map!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:16 am

looking good
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests