Metroidvania Game Kit (Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 pm

r3 is awaiting approval.

-Includes all assets in a separate folder.
-Fixes a bug where previously collected items would reappear in some situations.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Hello Tokinsom, is there a chance to try a demo?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Ok, maybe later... I keep an eye on this kit and future sales... ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:20 am

I second that, playable demo would be nice.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Sorry guys, I don't do demos for many reasons. In this case, well, it's a gamekit. The gameplay isn't necessarily where it shines, rather the systems behind it. I've seen bad reviews on template demos because they "weren't fun" or whatever...and that's not fair. The purpose of them isn't to be fun, it's to teach. I put together the trailer and feature lists so you have a very good idea of what this gamekit consists of. There's even a screenshot of the whole project structure in-editor.

I'm sure there will be more reviews in the future. So far I've mostly been getting PM's and emails. So, if you're reading this, I greatly appreciate the feedback, but please leave your reviews on the scirra store instead!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Ok, I understand what you're saying and you're right, features and implementation are what counts here and not the gameplay (which should be adjusted by users to fit their own projects anyway). The template looks good, I was just tempted to try it out after seeing the video. 8-) Good luck with the project, it's obvious a lot of time was put into this and you deserve to see some sales!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Tokinsom wrote:Sorry guys, I don't do demos for many reasons. In this case, well, it's a gamekit. The gameplay isn't necessarily where it shines, rather the systems behind it. I've seen bad reviews on template demos because they "weren't fun" or whatever...and that's not fair. The purpose of them isn't to be fun, it's to teach. I put together the trailer and feature lists so you have a very good idea of what this gamekit consists of. There's even a screenshot of the whole project structure in-editor.

I'm sure there will be more reviews in the future. So far I've mostly been getting PM's and emails. So, if you're reading this, I greatly appreciate the feedback, but please leave your reviews on the scirra store instead!

This doesn't make sense. Even without gameplay being central, someone that have interest in buying that will want to test the features in a working demo. I would never purchase a template without a chance to try a demo.

But it is with you. You do what you want with your product. I just think you are limiting a lot the potential for this product to sell.
Btw this looks to be a great template. Good luck with the sales.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:51 am

@Renfd Well, frankly, that's what reviews are for. I encourage you to read Kamizoto's comments in the last page or wait until there are more reviews; it's been on the store for under a month and can be a bit complex for some users so it'll take some time. Aside from that, all I can tell you is I've been developing games, prototypes, and tools in Clickteam and Scirra software for over 8 years. I wouldn't put something on the market if it wasn't a solid product through and through.

I have my reasons for not releasing a demo. Another one, if I really must explain myself, is to prevent asset theft, something I've the unfortunate experience of dealing with in the past. It's not exactly rocket science with browser games. People have even gone so far as to rip and doctor assets from my youtube videos!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi, r3 still respawn the missile tank when go back and forth to the room... infinite missile tank. Otherwise, real nice, clean coding, easy to understand, learn from and customize, tks a lot.
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:28 am

@emixam23 Ah. Just found a long standing oversight there. Objects aren't destroyed in old rooms until the room transition is complete and new room objects are created. This makes the IIDs of the new room items higher than they should be because the old room items still exist.

It's not the easiest fix, unless I just destroyed items the instant a room transition begins, but that would be weird. I'll figure something out and update soon.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store