Metroidvania Game Kit (Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Just bought the kit and initial expressions are great :) Lot's of stuff going on under the hood here and it's all well commented. I'll post a review once I've had more time with it.

Edit:
Posting my review here on the forums too:
This is a great template. It's well structured and commented. Really showed me how to do things the right way and helped me kickstart my C2 development.
By studying how everything works you can use this as a starting point to modify your own metroidvania (or any kind of platformer really). Or you could learn from the project structure, events and assets and start your own game from scratch with an understanding on how to do it well.
I'm now creating a platformer, with some metrdoidvania elements. Without this template it would've taken me ages to learn all that's included here.
The included assets are also nice. I'm going to create my own assets but I might use/modify a couple of the assets in the template.

Thanks!

Also, forgot to mention in the review that @Tokinsom has been very helpful in answering all my questions on support e-mail.

I've been now copying the whole thing from scratch like @Ataraxis suggested. I've really learned a lot doing that
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Metroidvania game kit is currently 50% off!!! Happy holidays!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:56 am

it's possibile to replace the asset with larger png non pixel? i like to make something HD,thanx.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:41 am

Bigibby01 wrote:it's possibile to replace the asset with larger png non pixel? i like to make something HD,thanx.

Yes the kit doesn't use any hard numbers; it's all adjustable!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:32 am

Great stuff!

Just a question:

I will like to know what kind of programming/scripting knowledge do I need for build my own levels, customize it and ultimately create my game.
Im not a programmer but an artist so will love to pick it up if its affordable enough for me :)

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:38 pm

chosensha wrote:Great stuff!

Just a question:

I will like to know what kind of programming/scripting knowledge do I need for build my own levels, customize it and ultimately create my game.
Im not a programmer but an artist so will love to pick it up if its affordable enough for me :)

Thanks!

This kit is aimed more at intermediate Construct 2 users but I've gotten a lot of great feedback from complete beginners as well. No external programming/scripting is required for anything in this kit, just C2's events. As for building your own levels, you literally just add new camera zones, tilesets, and door objects in the layout editor, then a little mini-map square. Almost every single event is heavily commented so it should be pretty easy to pick up and figure it all out, but you should familiarize yourself with Construct 2 first of course!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:21 am

Hi, I bought your kit, but it does not have that water effect :(
Please upgrade your kit with this water effect in the lava, or else send me that beautiful effect, please! Thank you very much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKCXrl7Jp0M
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Paul Saints wrote:Hi, I bought your kit, but it does not have that water effect :(
Please upgrade your kit with this water effect in the lava, or else send me that beautiful effect, please! Thank you very much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKCXrl7Jp0M

That water "system" was not advertised anywhere for this game kit, just the lava which was seen in the video and the "Hot Lava (Ouch!)" in the feature list which was just a little joke. (The lava is in there and has some FX, but not what is seen in the ZM Engine video.)

It's a pretty advanced particle system that I'd rather not include in this kit, but might sell separately with more features and heavy commenting. Sorry!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:34 am

Greetings...

I have some quick questions about your kit. Let's go...

1 - I see in the video an option to change the character armor. This system is inside of th kit?

2 - About the room and the map hud: If I make a room, I have to make manually the same room in the map hud?

3 - The kit looks awesome, and make a good motivation to buy with the Construct 2. But after the release of the Construct 3, you want ot make your current kit compartible with Construct 3 or make a whole new, updated kit only for Construct 3? (Asking, because I have no problem to export, but can be nice to have your opinion as develeper of your kit)

B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:50 am

falkenbr wrote:Greetings...

I have some quick questions about your kit. Let's go...

1 - I see in the video an option to change the character armor. This system is inside of th kit?

2 - About the room and the map hud: If I make a room, I have to make manually the same room in the map hud?

3 - The kit looks awesome, and make a good motivation to buy with the Construct 2. But after the release of the Construct 3, you want ot make your current kit compartible with Construct 3 or make a whole new, updated kit only for Construct 3? (Asking, because I have no problem to export, but can be nice to have your opinion as develeper of your kit)

1- Yes. The armor is an upgrade that protects the player from lava, changes his accent colors from orange to red, adds an item tab in the sub-screen, and is included in the save data so you don't lose it and so the item doesn't show up again after being collected.

2- Yes the minimap is built in a separate layout. It only takes a few seconds to add a new room and you can put icons or text or other extras in it too.

3- The game kit should be 100% compatible with Construct 3 already!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store