Metroidvania Game Kit (Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Tokinsom wrote:@JouBqa Yeah that's one downside to having the rooms right next to each other and on the same layout. "Is not on-screen" is probably killing the player in the beginning because it doesn't exist on the first tick - it has to be created at the position of the Player_Spawn object first. So to use that you would have to check if it exists first.

I just can't get the "is not on-screen" to work. player just dies when starting the game. I tried checking if player mask, base or spawn are on Player layer first. I tried giving player mask a "created" boolean and setting it in eMain and checking if it's true in ePlayer before killing.

and the Player_Base Y > RoomZone.BBoxBottom thing is not good because you can't jump to a room below
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:09 pm

Just play other day
B

Post » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:48 am

So I went back into Construct 2 for the first time in a while today, and thought I'd finally crack open this game engine. I updated C2 and got the latest revision of Cave Runner, but trying to run it gives me the error in the attached screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/lzqf5IL.png
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:05 am

JeffJK wrote:So I went back into Construct 2 for the first time in a while today, and thought I'd finally crack open this game engine. I updated C2 and got the latest revision of Cave Runner, but trying to run it gives me the error in the attached screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/lzqf5IL.png

That error is due to a long-standing bug with the NW.js plugin. It's only used for the window scaling which isn't pertinent to the kit so you can go ahead and delete it from the project.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Scirra Store