MetroidVania screens?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
10 Loopable Tracks, and 34 SFX. Perfect for Metroidvania, Platformer, Adventure games.
  • What would be the most effective way to make a metroidvania type map system where every screen connects to the others. Also similar to how megaman levels are but without the long screen transition.

I don't think having one huge layout that just scrolls around would work.

Should I use multiple layouts for every screen?

I've tried many things involving multiple layouts and none of them work.

• For C2 you'll want to use RexRainbow's .tmx importer to make your rooms/areas individually and dynamically load them via AJAX and project files (while destroying old rooms), then code triggers/doors and transitions in between. The minimap can also be created using Tiled. There are numerous ways to do it but this made the most sense to me..

In CC you're probably just going to have to make your own editor, save rooms to an array, .ini, hashtable, etc. then load them dynamically as above.

Sorry I don't really have any examples lying around...it's very complicated to set these up ^^

Btw is that you, Mario?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the tips. The game I'm working on is fairly simple so I'm just putting together a probably inefficient method but it works.

And hey Tokinsom, it is Mario!

I just started getting into Construct, and so far I like it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)