Microsoft are asking: who is interested in Xbox?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Are you interested in Xbox Live?

Yes
89%
Maybe
6%
No
5%

Total votes : 321

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:06 am

YES! cloud save, leaderboards, achievements;

That's going straight in my basket
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Leaderbords, achievements and cloudsaves! My game could be played nicely on Xbox using a controller. Let's do this!
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Yes! A dream come true XD
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:45 pm

With the risk of sounding like an echo: Yes very interested, cloud save, leader boards, achievements and multiplayer ...
Freefall Bird
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:44 am

Getting support for Achievements and Multiplayer would really solidify Construct 2 as the easiest and best way for indies to develop 2D games on the system; it's a no brainer.

I would love that support, and being able to put XBox achievements in my game would likely be the tipping point for me deciding to port it over.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:02 am

Ashley wrote:Hi everyone,

We're trying to get access to the Xbox Live APIs so we can integrate them with Construct 2. Apparently as part of their planning process, Microsoft want to know more about what C2 devs want from it, including:

- how many developers are interested in Xbox Live? (I created a poll so you can vote "yes" to indicate)
- what features are you looking for? (e.g. leaderboards, multiplayer) - please post replies to this thread with what you want!
- they're also looking for "developer quotes" - I guess if you really want it, just post a reply saying how badly you want it :P

Anyway, please vote and reply, and hopefully this will encourage Microsoft to give us access to better integrate Construct 2 with Xbox One. Thanks!

@Ashley

Very interested, that of course depends on how the projects will work (compared to PC), cpu/gpu wise, what plugins/effects are going to be supported, I'm not looking for special features, just a slick and smooth experience as possible for the players.

Btw, I almost and would have most probably miss this thread and I believe many other developers will too, it seems like an important issue, why not send it out as an official Blog post?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:15 pm

@Ashley
Friends list, Achievements, Leaderboards. I've seen a few people asking for Multiplayer but Photon already works fine on XB1 with C2 and the built-in multiplayer doesn't work at all because of no real support for WebRTC on the platform currently, so I'd prefer to see a concentration on more platform-specific features.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:03 pm

I do not know the topic.

Do you need to pay a fee to publish on Xbox One ?.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:49 am

Working on a big project so need achievements for sure. Multiplayer as well if I manage.
When I finish my project I surely will look for ways to expand it's availability in stores. Xbox will do just perfect.

I sincerely hope Microsoft will corporate with Scirra to help our developers share their creations with players on Xbox One.
I'm a Magician, not a Developer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Funny you mention this, I actually have received some xbox one dev kits already, and was wondering how I go about implementing such features. I was going to attempt forcing it through visual studio + the windows store achievements, but this would make it a whole lot easier.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General