Microsoft are asking: who is interested in Xbox?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Are you interested in Xbox Live?

Yes
89%
Maybe
6%
No
5%

Total votes : 320

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:01 am

Nope, will let you know when MS get back to us.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Bumbing this thread. I have heard that Microsoft are concerned about the security infrastructure of Construct. Any comment on that?
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Xeeko wrote:Bumbing this thread. I have heard that Microsoft are concerned about the security infrastructure of Construct. Any comment on that?

Could you provide a link to your source please, I'm just curious. ;)
Thanks!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:56 pm

Xeeko wrote:Bumbing this thread. I have heard that Microsoft are concerned about the security infrastructure of Construct. Any comment on that?

I'm working with Microsoft for the release of my game and they haven't mentioned anything about being concerned about the security?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Citation needed - never heard any such concerns myself! If you point out anybody with any specific concerns, I could comment.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Sony and Microsoft are heading more and more towards Indie Devs.
Since Construct2 is a great tool for designers (without programming skills), i think it's a great opportunity for Microsoft to get their hands on some very unique Indie Games.
And of course for us, to reach out to a much broader and great audience!

I would love to have access to:
Online Multiplayer
Achievements
Cloud Saving
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:

I'm working with Microsoft for the release of my game and they haven't mentioned anything about being concerned about the security?

Me to, and when I mentioned I use Construct they said it isn't approved for Xbox One, with no plans to approve it. When I asked what the problem was they said:

"We have approval in place for middleware providers mostly to ensure that all partners are meeting security requirements on the Xbox platform. As you can imagine, security is of utmost important to Microsoft and all of our partners, and middleware that hasn’t built proper infrastructure to accommodate our security requirements can pose a significant threat to the platform, games and players."
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 pm

I also asked if Live features are mandatory, and the said "at a minimum you must support Rich Presence, Achievements, cloud saving".
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Okay, so a small update: I had a call with someone on the Xbox One team last week. Basically due to NDAs/legal issues they weren't able to say much, but:
- Microsoft are still working on this
- they hope to have something ready in future (no idea when really)
- they noted it is actually already possible to publish Construct 2 games to Xbox One, but it's difficult right now - this was news to me!

So you probably can publish Xbox One games already, if you sign up to [email protected], it just sounds like it involves something pretty hacky. I am still clueless as to what they are actually working on though.

@Xeeko - I have no idea what their security requirements are. If they told me what they needed, I would definitely consider doing it so we can support Xbox One. However given I have no idea what these requirements are, and that Microsoft appear to have made no effort to communicate to me what they are after repeatedly applying, *and* in the past they've more or less said they're actually just too busy, then I think saying "blah blah security blah" is just a way to put off the question for the time being...
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:40 am

As I said, I am enrolled in [email protected], and the only problem is the lack of Live support.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General