Microsoft are asking: who is interested in Xbox?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Are you interested in Xbox Live?

Yes
89%
Maybe
6%
No
5%

Total votes : 321

Post » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm still getting errors in Visual Studio when I add the WinStore Plugin with the latest beta and cant update my app to see if I can enable "Xbox One" in devcenter. :(
Anyone else having problems with it?

I created a bug report for it (updated)
viewtopic.php?f=152&t=182067
Bl4ckSh33p-Soft - Custom Software and Indie Games
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:03 am

Ok, time to test it again. I am updating Java, Visual Studio and installing the latest (beta) build of C2. I could not update my app for over a month and hope it works with the latest updates. :/
Bl4ckSh33p-Soft - Custom Software and Indie Games
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:10 am

I've asked Microsoft numerous times about this but the best I could make of it is that right now it's impossible to have your C2 game on Xbox One. UWP for games apparently IS going to happen but right now there's no ETA. My game is done and I was hoping I could release it in January, but because of this I had to push it back and just hope that I'll be able to release it on Xbox One someday...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Xeeko wrote:As I said, I am enrolled in [email protected], and the only problem is the lack of Live support.

This has been my experience as well in talking with MS. Achievements, Friend's list, etc. support is needed, and I would guess that some information needs to change hands among the right people at MS so it can make it's way to Scirra for that to happen.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Unfortunately Construct2 is not compatible with Xbox One, and to my knowledge there are no plans for compatibility in the near future. You might be able to wait it out until Windows 10 compatibility has been completed, but this also may be a while. So sorry I don’t have better news L

I got this message today from my Microsoft contact which I've been working with for months. Really disappointing :/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:48 am

As someone else said in first replies:achievements, leaderboards and multiplayer are a must! plus we cant have online multiplayer without Cloud saving, maybe with this opportunity, there will be time to repolish the gamepad controller functions? so that it may act more like keyboard object instead of just guessing the input codes, to map the buttons? since xbox controllers is similar to other controllers, including generic PC ones,PS and other they all have around 6-8 buttons that are largely used , we all know they have the 4 important ones, X, triangle, circle and square, then comes the movement buttons or stick, and start /menu buttons, having input mapping to them wold be great(input mapping i mean, x was pressed triangle was pressed etc). the back buttons are important for combo moves in most console games, but they can still be mapped as well to a more simple way. i hope i got my suggestion understood, wold make C2 users more opened to make console games having a cleaner gamepad input plugin.

I can't wait to see if the XBOX Live plugin wold be supported i hope it gets enough interest so it gets approved.

P.S ...... im a bit hyped about this plugin, but.... is there a trick where you ask people for interest in it and only make it available for C3 and not the current C2?

P.P.S ---this is my quote for how much i want XBOX Plugin ... You kidding me ? im waiting this for years... and now its a chance to get it...im over ecstatic. I want it like "2 years ago" :o :o
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:
Unfortunately Construct2 is not compatible with Xbox One, and to my knowledge there are no plans for compatibility in the near future. You might be able to wait it out until Windows 10 compatibility has been completed, but this also may be a while. So sorry I don’t have better news L

I got this message today from my Microsoft contact which I've been working with for months. Really disappointing :/

The question here is who is responsible for compatibility. And since it's Microsoft's platform, that falls on Scirra making their product compatible - though they'd need info from MS on what needs to be done. I think Ashley mentioned something along those lines in this thread awhile back.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Yes please let us have access to Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Yes, 100%!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:The question here is who is responsible for compatibility. And since it's Microsoft's platform, that falls on Scirra making their product compatible - though they'd need info from MS on what needs to be done. I think Ashley mentioned something along those lines in this thread awhile back.

Below is the rest of the conversation from today.

Microsoft Publishing wrote:Unfortunately Construct2 is not compatible with Xbox One, and to my knowledge there are no plans for compatibility in the near future. You might be able to wait it out until Windows 10 compatibility has been completed, but this also may be a while. So sorry I don’t have better news

Frozen Dev wrote:Thank you for the information. Is it because of the engine itself or just the lack of a plugin to handle xbox live features? Let's say they add plugins with your API to the engine. Would it then be possible to publish using construct 2?

Microsoft Publishing wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately it is the construct 2 engine itself, so there is no workaround. So sorry I don’t have better news!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General