Microsoft getting very picky for store submissions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 am

@kenli - take a look at the Metro plugin from iunkn. It takes care of snapped view for you:

http://c2metro.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/scaling-for-various-screen-sizes-in-windows-8/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks @EyeHawk for quick reply.

I have tested 'Metro' plugin from @iunkn , yes it works well with Snap View.
But i'm still don't understand to personalize or customize my Snap View.
Some users say by change or modify the css and javascript code after "Windows 8 Export".
Maybe you can provide us an example?

Additional info from my personal experience:
-If "Metro" plugin compare to "Windows 8" official plugin from Scirra, "Metro" still doesn't support 'Share' feature.
-From my experience, when i use two plugins (Metro and Windows 8) together in same project, cause some problem with 'Setting' views which 'About', 'Privacy', and 'Support' from "Windows 8" plugin can't be viewed.
Enlik Tjioe
Game Programmer

www.touchten.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 am

@kenli - to customize the message that show up for the snapped view - look at the contents of index.html. There is a section that says something like "please expand to full view to continue playing" or something similar, with a placeholder graphic that you can replace.

I don't know about conflicts with the Win8 and Metro plugin as I still use 108.2, which is the most recent stable release. I haven't had any issues with using both plugins.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:15 am

@kenli - I personally didn't use the Metro plugin. I had to develop some of my own plugins to do with roaming data toggles and I was getting some conflicts.

You can do it without quite easily with the Windows 8 object. Simply check 'is view snapped' and 'trigger once' then create a sprite at 320px wide with your message on. You can easily create a button to expand too using the 'try unsnap' action.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General