Microsoft Ultimate Experience Competition

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the incoming diamonds with the same ones to earn score!
  • Hey all, I wasn't sure if this has been mentioned yet on here, but Microsoft has another competition that started Dec, 20th, but doesn't end until Feb 28th. There are some prizes, including a trip to the Studios in Redmond to meet with the Microsoft Studios team. Other prizes include games and Xboxes.

I have been up to the Studio buildings many times during my years at Microsoft and the group up there is pretty great. Though the competition says they are looking for Windows Store and Windows Phone apps, the fact that all the prizes are gaming related leads me to beleive that they are thinking of games mainly.

If you want more info check it out here: generationapp.com/ultimateexperience

Also the more apps you submit to the Windows or Windows Phone store, the more chances you have to win.

• Thanks for this!

• I work at Microsoft and if you have any questions about the promotion, you can contact me. You can find me at codefoster.com.

• Oh mah gawd ! I'm really participationg to this one !

• Hey there codefoster, any chance former employees are eligible for this competition? I was based in SF and not part of the Studios, Xbox or Windows groups.

• AN I ENTER?

You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:

You are a student, hobbyist, or professional developer in the field of software technology; and

You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia 18 years of age or older; and

You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and

You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and

You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.

This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.

Must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia?

• Ah bummer.

• You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia 18 years of age or older;

Wut ? ;( Why they did that ( I'm 14 ;( )

• Most likely because the contest is being run by one of the U.S. based teams and there are a lot of rules and laws about international competitions. In this case if they want to run a quick competition, they don't want to have to look at checking with other jurisdictions and modifying the competition to comply with laws and regulations from multiple regions that may conflict or be mutually exclusive... at least, that was the case when I was at Microsoft.

I ran the SideWinder gaming site and blog and whenever I did competitions, I had to stick to my region, and if we wanted international, we had to get teams from each region to run the competition in their respective regions.

• BluePhaze, I think you're eligible, but I'm finding out for sure.

• Awesome, thanks!

• codefoster do you know Bruno Terkaly? Before he was a developer evangelist we were on the same team based in SF.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For students, you may want to check out Microsoft's Imagine Cup - imaginecup.com. :)

• LindsayInPhilly,

omg...love the avatar.

• That's my puppy and official mascot - Pixel. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)