Microsoft WYSIWYG Game Creator ...

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Microsoft do do some things excellently - in my opinion visual studio 2008 is the best code editing IDE out there, and I use it for Construct. Also, while it's no more likely than a Flash runtime, a Silverlight runtime for web games is something to think about and research (but I emphasise, no more likely than a Flash runtime, which is pretty darn unlikely).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2008 7:52 am

[quote="CaptainOblivious":vqdn1wks]a lot of stuff[/quote:vqdn1wks]

Yeah I'm not saying Microsoft copied anyone to make this thing... I was commenting that I'm suprised they didn't, and the fact it sucks so hard just makes me think that at some point they may well just try to copy someone else.

Personally I think Microsoft DO have a few good products, but the majorty of thier stuff has big issues... look at every version of Windows so far as an example. They never work right for the first 12-18 months at least.

Anyway, this has been dragged off topic enough as it is... it's more my personal feelings towards many things I have witnessed during my time as an I.T. technician and computer retail professional.
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2008 10:05 pm

Doublepost. Lagged somehow :(
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2008 10:05 pm

The only thing Microsoft has that I would consider "bad" is money.

They buy things, including their competition when they can.

Anyways, the disturbing thought I get is, Construct is open-source ... hide it from them! ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 am

Microsoft Sidewinder Pro = Best joystick EVER
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 08, 2008 2:27 am

I know how you feel, man, and it's hard to not become jaded when you're faced with the worst of it day in and out. Just remember feelings are just feelings, and you should set them aside on occasion to give to new things a worthy try lest ye be relegated to the abyss of outdatedness and longing.

But Creative Labs is my exception to that rule. Call me hypocritical, but there's a difference between making terrible software and actually SCUTTLING it post-sale.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 08, 2008 5:32 am

[quote="CaptainOblivious":fxii58m5]I know how you feel, man, and it's hard to not become jaded when you're faced with the worst of it day in and out. Just remember feelings are just feelings, and you should set them aside on occasion to give to new things a worthy try lest ye be relegated to the abyss of outdatedness and longing.

But Creative Labs is my exception to that rule. Call me hypocritical, but there's a difference between making terrible software and actually SCUTTLING it post-sale.[/quote:fxii58m5]

LOL yes true, good point really... if I had a signature, I would put your post just now in it. I have to agree that Creative have the worst customer support ever... at least Microsoft are pretty good on the support side of things. A friend of mine has had trouble with a few Creative products over the years and the nightmares he has had trying to get it sorted with them has been staggering.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 08, 2008 5:42 am

Fun fact:

I've owned three Creative Audigy cards from SE to 2 ZS... two of the three died within a month, the third was returned.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 am

I have an E-MU 1820 soundcard, highly recommend it :)
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 08, 2008 11:44 am

[quote="Gullanian":m45p8jxl]I have an E-MU 1820 soundcard, highly recommend it :)[/quote:m45p8jxl]
My new motherboard has onboard 7.1, I don't think I'll need a soundcard soon. :P
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic