[MID-SOLVED] Use beta releases with Steam copy?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 am

Ashley, it appears that you don't even have to set Personal edition to Beta.
As they are both retrieving files from the same folder, as long as you opt for Beta in free, and it updates, Personal will load as 117.

Basically, for some strange reason opting for Beta in Free updates the client, but opting for beta in Personal won't do anything. At least for me and some others. wrongtarget2013-02-03 03:00:05
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Wow! Thanks wrongtarget! It's a bit annoying make these strange steps, but your workaround works perfectly!

It's more, when I start again personal edition, it's popup that I have a free assets bundle to download ^^.

Thanks!
B

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 am

I have uninstalled the free Steam version and set the paid steam version to receive beta updates.

It doesn't work.

I tried manually downloading the newest update from the website, but it was only the free version.

I tried running the paid version again and it is still the previous version.

Also, whenever I try to load a downloaded capx, it either tries to load or install the free version, or returns an error, but won't open it with the paid steam version; I need to open the steam version first then select open within the software, then browse to the downloaded capx, then open, which is a lot more tedious.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 am

@Cereal Killa - if you read earlier in the thread, you need to have the Free edition in Steam and set that to use beta updates. It's a quirk of Steam.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General