Mindstorming!!

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 am

Get random with it. I also had that same idea with the dice. I made like 3 categories and rolled 1 time for each. I would get insane creations that sounded absurd to the max like Football + pacman lol. Or even Monopoly + Bioshock. XD

I find i come up with fun ideas when i'm not stressed. Usually they come to me when i'm not trying to hard which is odd.

Ideas also develop over time. I'm making a cow game and it originally started as a bedtime story for kids involving a common rhyme that goes like this " Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon". Eventually my idea mutated into a cow saving his family from evil aliens from outer space.

Children's books are a gold mine my friend.
Nothing is to unrealistic.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:24 pm

[QUOTE=The Bespectacled One] I stumbled across a random video game title generator a while back, bookmarked it for use later. Not a bad tool if you're looking for some random inspiration [/QUOTE]

I like this. Although just a game title generator, but if you try to focus and imagine things on how you would be able to satisfy the title itself... it can really get you going.

"No One Can Stop the Pachinko of Doom" ~ Now what the hell is a Pachinko of Doom exactly? See, it's already starting to get a hold of me...Stipipoy2012-03-16 13:25:34
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:57 pm

This is a Pachinko:
http://pingmag.jp/images/article/pachinko05.jpg

And the Pachinko of Doom is simply a Doom themed pachinko :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:17 pm

^Ooh i see haha, thanks for the info. It's just that I've never heard or seen a Pachinko. And the name itself is kinda funny... makes me think of something else.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas