Minimal Jump

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 8:14 am

Hi,

during Ludum Dare 26 - the theme was 'minimalism' - I built Minimal Jump. You can play it at Scirra Arcade, or - if you'd like to vote - on Ludum Dare. The Arcade version has minimal (pun intended) bugfixes and a highscore list, though.

I'm already working on a bigger version, which will include several game modes and HD graphics (read: 8bit style).

Hope you like it. :)

Kindest regards,
Oliver
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 pm

I really dislike the "two-second penalty" part, but hey, not bad for only 48 hours of development time!
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 9:15 pm

I played it one of these days. It's a good game, but the graphics started to burn into my eyes after a while. If you're gonna make better graphics, I suggest getting rid of the white-on-black lines
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Yeah, I know, that the penalty is disturbing, but it needed a challenge and I thought, this was one. ;) During the development I also had a version, where even a hit to the ceiling during a jump, would give you this penalty. But I removed it.

I will improve it in the next version (but it might not get removed).

Of course the graphics are terrible. But this will definetly change. :) There will be be backgrounds, I really want to make it look like a beautiful C64 or Amiga-Game. That would fit the gameplay the most, I think.
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations