Minimap Icons

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Two types of minimap: "full map" and "player is the center" (square map and radial map)
  • Sorry if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

The minimap would be even more awesome if you could insert little graphics or icons in place of the plotted "dots". I know you can make certain things different colours and all, but having main objectives as a ! or T for "target" etc would be very useful. Not sure how hard this would be, but if it's easy enough to just throw in there somewhere I would be extremely grateful.

~Sol

• I agree, this would be a pretty sweet feature. In the meantime, though, I have whipped up a quick example to get around the lack of such an issue:

MiniMap Icon Example

All I had to do was set the minimap to clear itself every tick, then immediately draw the desired objects as terrain pieces. Hope you find this helpful.

• Nice one link! Cheers for that.

• If you wanted an icon other than the objects appearance, you could create another sprite, set it to invisible, and select it as the parameter in draw terrain. That way it will will only appear on the minimap.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Funky!

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... e=hehe.cap

I've never actually played with the minimap before, this is kinda cool.

• If you wanted an icon other than the objects appearance, you could create another sprite, set it to invisible, and select it as the parameter in draw terrain. That way it will will only appear on the minimap.

Yep! That is exactly what I did

Now, to go see what deadeye made...

*EDIT*

Hey that's kinda neat... Sort of paralaxed... but not.

~Sol

• Hey btw deadeye u didn't need 2 separate minimap objects, you could have just used the 1 and made 2 instances of it, half the actions and the same result But cool example anyways

• Hey btw deadeye u didn't need 2 separate minimap objects, you could have just used the 1 and made 2 instances of it, half the actions and the same result But cool example anyways

Oh yeah, huh.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)