Minor Animations Editor Bug and Typos

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:57 pm

On the Animation Properties pane, clicking the name of any property will highlight it and focus its associated input, EXCEPT "Speed". Clicking "Speed" will update the little help dialog at the bottom, but it will not highlight nor focus the input box.

Also, there are a few typos on this window:

-"ussualy" in the Speed help message
-"repeate" in the Repeat Count help message
-"horizontaly" in the tooltip for the Mirror Horizontally button
-"verticaly" in the tooltip for the Mirror Vertically button
-"anti clockwise" should probably be "counter-clockwise" in related Rotate tooltip

Release r13
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:17 pm

The "Speed" property not getting highlighted has puzzled me for quite some time now, and since there is always something more important to do, I haven't gotten around to really investigate it.

I'll fix the typos right away, though.

Although I am not too sure about the Anti Clockwise Vs. Counter Clockwise debate :P Construct 2 uses Anti Clockwise so that is why I went with that one.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Oh, I never noticed it was anticlockwise in C2! I also didn't realize that was a thing people commonly used outside the US until looking it up just now! Apologizes for being an ignorant American. :P

One more observation on this topic: C2 specifies in the clockwise/anticlockwise tooltips that it will go in 90 degree increments, so it might be worth specifying that in C3 as well. I think most people probably assume that would be the case, but I'd also argue if they didn't understand as much from looking at the buttons and felt the need to read the tooltip, it may as well be as descriptive as possible.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response and keep up the good work!
B
S

Return to Closed Bugs