mirror sprite through actions?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • i think ive asked for this b4, but i think it would be usefull if we could mirror and flip a sprite through actions, instead of checking a checkbox which gives us no control over when to flip. something similar to how bones mirror would be nice, i find myself having to make different animations for flips and mirror atm which isnt the way it should be done. plz implement this in the next update, i dont know, but it seems like a simple thing that should already be there.

• You can already set a negative width for a Sprite, which mirrors it. You can also set a negative height to flip.

• well thats not very obvious

• doesnt seem to work in my game, check it out.

http://willhostforfood.com/files3/50305 ... round3.cap

• Ummm... firstly the player seems to flip just fine in that game, where's the problem? Secondly where are you setting a negative width? I can't quickly make sense of a 60 event .cap, I need you to help me help you...

It works for me anyway, check out the attached .cap.

• just set the width to -103 in the layout editor and it wont work. do you know why?

seemed to work fine when i did it in a fresh file

the character flips fine atm, because i added individual animations of flipped frames to each sprite.

the gun and legs dont have this and if i put auto mirror on the gun it works improperly because the gun will flip before the character does. i have to either use a negative width or make new animations which are mirrored (which will take a while) for it to work properly. I need this negative width because the animation way is a bad way to do it.

EDIT: ah never mind lol, im just getting confused it seems to work

• Though it's not the topic of the thread, damn this game looks cool.

• Apparently if I try to visit willhostforfood it's an attack site and I should get out of there?

• I got the same thing Rich - probably an attack hosted on someone's account there (which marks the entire domain dangerous) - will probably sort itself out eventually.

But yeah this game looks awesome Quazi

• Actually if you read the reasons for the warning, they have no attacks to show for at all. It's only been reported as an attack site because "someone could upload something bad." Which is true of any file hosting site.

There's a link for webmasters to contact, I posted a thread at whff forums asking they straighten it out. I hope they do, I have a lot of files on whff.

• reported as an attack site because "someone could upload something bad."

Wow, that's dumb. By the same logic, the entire internet is an attack site.

• Well, if you do click the report, apparently 39 of the pages google's visited are malicious, so it's not entirely unwarranted.

• > reported as an attack site because "someone could upload something bad."

>

Exactly.

Anyway, I think it might have been reported by a rival file hosting site to deter people away from it. It's a really good site, I hope they straighten things out.

Well, if you do click the report, apparently 39 of the pages google's visited are malicious, so it's not entirely unwarranted.

That's weird... yesterday when I clicked it didn't have any pages reported.

• lol imagine if a rival site uploaded malicious stuff. as long as you know what youre downloading things should be fine, dont download unkown setup.exes or wtv.

i didnt even get this message yesterday.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > reported as an attack site because "someone could upload something bad."

>

I feel deceived. I didn't know scirra.com was an attack site when I registered.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)