Missing Gui images?

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 pm

I may have been using images from outside of the project folder, which were moved or deleted when trying to tidy things up in the file structure, I have a bad habit of naming things with random keyboard mashing.

In instances where where a sprite has no bitmap loaded - could the sprite be populated with some kind of placeholder image or warning perhaps?

I'll see if I can resave to the project folder and make it happen again.JohnnySix2012-03-15 22:35:06
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Whatever happened to sprite 15 has stayed, I tried replacing the image, and it appears on the stage as 0 dimensions.

Uploaded the capx

www.johnnysix.net/games/bloop.capxJohnnySix2012-03-15 22:51:00
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:40 am

Got the same error on a new build with paid licence and different project.

It seems if a virus checker is running while the project is open, it fails when saving - I didn't record the error as the loss of an hours work encouraged me to go pace and make a cup of tea instead.

Are references created somewhere in the temp directory while the project is open , that can be deleted by virus/disk cleaning facilities that then could cause either failure or corruption of the file upon attempted saving?

Though the project was still open in the window, and appeared fine, I got a similar message to the one in the original post - leading me to believe this is similar to what happened last time.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:06 pm

[QUOTE=JohnnySix]Are references created somewhere in the temp directory while the project is open , that can be deleted by virus/disk cleaning facilities that then could cause either failure or corruption of the file upon attempted saving?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Construct 2, like a lot of software, keeps some files in Temp and cleans them up when you close Construct 2. You must not clean up Temp while Construct 2 is open otherwise it might wipe the files C2 is currently using. Even worse if you open a .capx file the entire project is extracted to Temp, so if you clean up Temp with a .capx open, you'll wipe your entire project off the disk!

I think wiping Temp with any apps open could break a lot of software and not specifically C2. I'll look in to getting C2 to lock those files so other software can't delete it while it's open.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs