Missing Project Bar and Layer Bar?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have a clue how to turn the Project Bar and Layer Bar on if they're not visible? I did something to the UI (v167) and now I can't see the Project Bar and the Layer Bar. I tried uncheck/check them in the View but nothing happens. The Object bar shows up but these other two just won't.

Is there a way to restore the original settings maybe?

Thanks!!

Zsolt
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 pm

Strange...I can't replicate this behavior that you describe. Is there by any chance a multiple monitor setup in your rig and when you are checking/unchecking the corresponding boxes, the panels appear on an turned off monitor..?

Have you tried uninstalling-reinstalling Construct?
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm

I do have two monitors in the office with one is being a large screen. I suspect somehow the last location of the window is hardcoded based on the big monitor... There must be a file where it's getting the last settings. I did uninstall it as it downloaded the new version but it didn't change any settings.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

zsoltolah2 wrote:I do have two monitors in the office with one is being a large screen. I suspect somehow the last location of the window is hardcoded based on the big monitor... There must be a file where it's getting the last settings. I did uninstall it as it downloaded the new version but it didn't change any settings.

In the "Preferences" dialog, there is the Reset Dialog button that could solve your problem
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:35 pm

The Reset Dialog button was a great idea! I didn't see that before. But it didn't change anything... I'm going to uninstall and clean the registry, not sure what can cause this.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 am

Resolved. I had to manually remove the registry entry (uninstall did not do it). It's back to normal now.
B
S

Post » Thu May 29, 2014 7:05 pm

hi,
i have the same problem, can't see the layer bar and project bar on my laptop (1600x900)
what have you removed from the registry?

edit : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scirra\Construct2 <+ OK , JUST DELETE THIS, LAUNCH CONSTRUCT AND ALL bars are here !

thanks
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Tawny, I just saw your post... I guess you resolved it. I searched the registry for all Construct2 entry and removed everything.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:32 am

Hooking my laptop up to a second screen fixed it for me
B

Return to Construct 2 General