Missle Command

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Made this missle commander clone from back in the atari days, it was a bit of a test to check the scirra arcade highscore system.

It works ^_^

Missle Command in the Arcade

Enjoy
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 am

Nicely done! Took me a minute to get used to the slower moving missiles, but the controls were tight and easy to use. The difficulty ramps up a bit slowly, but it gives the player plenty of time to get used to the game before getting down to business.

The only nit pick I have is that you might want to turn the volume on the sound effect you have for the missiles firing. You end up hearing it a lot with how often you fire missiles and it started to get on my nerves after awhile.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:20 am

@RandomFellow
Haha, yeah, that slowness effect was actually in the original game too, but there you had to move a cursor over the screen with a joystick aswell hehe.

I updated the game, decreased the audio volume on the missles launch and reduced the ones on the building explode too.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:22 am

@lennaert, good game! Works great.

The first level, I played by using as few missiles as possible. The second level involved constant missiles flying and exploding, just because I could. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:25 am

Missile Command also had the lines showing the enemy missile trajectories which helped the player figure out the best place to land a hit. The fact that yours doesn't adds to the challenge, definitely in a good way I think.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 am

[[email protected]] lennaert, good game! Works great.

The first level, I played by using as few missiles as possible. The second level involved constant missiles flying and exploding, just because I could. ;)[/QUOTE]

:D haha, thanks, there is a missle limit usage though, aount of missle in a ceratain time frame determined by the amount of buildings you have left. Effectivly, the les buildings you have, the less missle able to fly around in the same time :P

[[email protected]] Missile Command also had the lines showing the enemy missile trajectories which helped the player figure out the best place to land a hit. The fact that yours doesn't adds to the challenge, definitely in a good way I think.[/QUOTE]

So true :D   initially I had added a smoke trail behind the particles which faded ...but it really clogged the screen and decreased a certain crisp effect I had going   xD

Who dares wins
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations