MMO plugin progress

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:56 am

i think mmo for mobile devices is currently way off. especially REAL-TIME MMO.
what could be done though is turn based MMO through database. you update your states to database and the game periodically refreshes it to check for new states, if different then existing, change the existing.
though that would need a lot of info passed in/out
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:15 am

Maybe an "MMO" like Club Penguin/Habbo Hotel/etc would be possible in C2, as it certainly was in CC: pixel-people-online-alpha-0-2-source_t62350

But with C2 you'll need to make your own node-based echo server in JavaScript first, then the rest should work similarly to my CC game example.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:05 pm

it's possible to create some small scaled, multiplayer turn based games.
there is simply too much of varaibles for real time MMO on mobile devices. for example - signal strength if you move around, won't be consistent. also weak hardware compared to PC (imagine 10000 people moving on screen :) - > huge network and CPU performance needs) and more...
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:00 pm

@saiyadjin I'd say not entirely turnbased, as it is possible to do something like the ones like I mention above, or RPGs like NeoPets to some extent, where the player does have some real-time action games they play alone (so lag doesn't matter), but there is also sections where you can socialize with other players walking around and chatting, where the lag/latency doesn't affect the game.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General