Mobile Achievements / Leaderboards plugins for C3?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Implement a customizable array-based achievement system with the fully-commented template.
  • Tom

You guys mentioned in your recent blog post that you'd be maintaining new plugins for iAP and ads for mobile apps.

Just wondering if you'd also be maintaining new plugins for connecting to GooglePlay Services and Apple's GameCentre for achievements and leaderboards?

Another question, when you say you'd provide plugins for ads, is that just for AdMob or wld you maintain plugins for other providers too? Chartboost, AppLovin, others?

If this has already been discussed in another thread can someone pls link me.

• Bump Ashley , Tom

Is this a dumb question? Or too obvious or something?

I haven't seen it discussed anywhere else?

• No, that's a very important question!

I've been looking for an answer myself but haven't found anything as of yet. Thank you for bringing this up in a thread, I hope we'll get some clarification!

• +1

• +1

To have official 100% working interface plugins (and manual how to set them up) to these services/APIs would be highly appreciated (and not relying on third party plugins, that sometimes just stop working)...

-Facebook

-GooglePlayGames

-Gamecenter

-iAP

-AdMob/Appodeal/Chartboost etc

• +1

I also would love to see an official Steamworks plugin.

• I'm sure this is something that most of us are hoping for. My guess would be that they aren't answering here because they are saving the reveal for a future blog post.

• That is a great question! I would really like to know as its one of the most important things for my business.

I work with publishers for a year or so and almost all of them use HeyZap.

I would like you to include it as its slowly becoming an industry standard.

It also has official cordova support: https://github.com/Heyzap/heyzap-cordova

• Yeah, it's a great question.

And let's not forget about Xbox. If they can somehow manage to include the possibility to add Xbox live features, achievements and leaderboards we can create apps that run on the entire Windows ecosystem.

• While I will go with Fusion 3, I'm really curious if Scirra will be able to keep up with the demand. Since they are asking a premium price, they should offer premium services: IAP, multiple ads providers, achievements / leaderboards for the most popular platforms (iOS, Android, Kongregate, Newgrounds, Gamejolt ... etc), working Steam services ... etc.

In my opinion, the following should not be acceptable anymore in C3:

• While I will go with Fusion 3, I'm really curious if Scirra will be able to keep up with the demand. Since they are asking a premium price, they should offer premium services: IAP, multiple ads providers, achievements / leaderboards for the most popular platforms (iOS, Android, Kongregate, Newgrounds, Gamejolt ... etc), working Steam services ... etc.

In my opinion, the following should not be acceptable anymore in C3:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/update-for- ... in_t178688

Scirra wil not add that things because many users like Rexrainbow make good job adding they addons for free.

for example Construct 2 without many well maded third party plugins is...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Scirra wil not add that things because many users like Rexrainbow make good job adding they addons for free.

for example Construct 2 without many well maded third party plugins is...

Well that's the point, right? That sort of stuff doesn't work anymore if instead of charging once you suddenly charge the same amount yearly. You should be able to provide the most important features yourself then.

• Yeah, users were tired of begging and started making themselves... Not quite the ideal solution, but was "understandable" since C2 was cheaper compared to other engines.

But the users that made plugins are now leaving because of the subscription model, and that weight will be on Scirra's shoulders.

Artpunk

Congratulations for Cluckles' Adventure. It was featured 2 times on PhoneArena:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/7-awesom ... of_id90550

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-new ... th_id89791

• I'm sure this is something that most of us are hoping for. My guess would be that they aren't answering here because they are saving the reveal for a future blog post.

Burvey you might be right about that. They are probably saving this up for a future reveal. I hope so

I feel like maybe its too obvious a question... The Scirra devs are probably thinking "Of course we are going to provide that, just sit back and wait for us to announce things in our own time and stop trying to pre-empt all our good news!".

I mean it seems really unlikely that official plugins for iAPs and ads would get upgraded and become officially maintained by Scirra while plugins for connecting to GameCentre and GooglePlay Services would be left to third party solutions.

If Scirra maintain plugins for GooglePlay, GameCentre, maybe Steam?, maybe WinPhone?, iAPs, some different ad networks, that would easily be worth the annual subscription price imo.

I think its likely this will happen, because that seemed to be the original vision for C2. C2 has official plugins for those things, its just that in recent times they weren't maintained and users came to rely on third party options that worked better, I guess because Scirra was prioritizing their time and energy on building C3.

I must admit I was one of the people who was all in an uproar about a subscription payment model. But the Scirra blog post about the new mobile app build system, and updated iAP/ad plugins sounds super awesome! Ill be purchasing C3 as soon as its available.

• tgeorgemihai Thanks for those links. I was lucky enough for Cluckles to get reviewed on a few different websites, but these ones are new to me

Id rather not discuss Cluckles here TGeorgeMihai, just to keep the thread on topic. Post in my thread here if you'd like to chat more about it.

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)