Mobile app Resolution and Perfomance

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic template for any App you'd like to create (with texts informations, links and some special plugins).
  • I have try my App that i have export with cocoonjs. Looks like that i failed with Resolution and also the Perfomance is like 3 Fps per second. How set the Resolution correctly that its always fullscreen and Rotate if you rotate your mobilephone ? Also how it looks like with Effects ? I use some effects. Glow,Noise and Blur. Additive Blendmode and own effect, every tick it create a Trail for the Player. What can i do ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do someone have Experience or a Solution for this Problems ?

• You won't be able to use effects in CocoonJS -- it doesn't handle WebGL. You might get what you are looking for by using Ejecta for iOS or Crosswalk for Android.

As far as the low framerate goes, I recommend spending some time in the debugger. Things will run WAY faster in the native Safari or Chrome browser on a device then they will in a webview. In order to solve my framerate problems, I worked on my desktop and tried to see which Construct 2 groups were taking the most CPU time. I took one simulation from 1-2 FPS all the way to 60 FPS in CocoonJS and Ejecta on the iPad using this technique. It took a lot of debugging to find and fix the CPU-hogging functions, but it was worth it.

• Mobile devices often have weak hardware and using lots of shaders is a sure way to kill performance. See also Performance tips

• Good afternoon!

Excuse for bad language, I transport an online translator. I test game for Iphone and for Ipad and I have 60-65 FPS. If I press the HOME button game is turned. If I press an icon game again it is started. After closing and opening game loses on 3 FPS. If I close and I will open game of 20 times game will have 15-20 FPS. That to do to me, help please.

• You won't be able to use effects in CocoonJS -- it doesn't handle WebGL. You might get what you are looking for by using Ejecta for iOS or Crosswalk for Android.

As far as the low framerate goes, I recommend spending some time in the debugger. Things will run WAY faster in the native Safari or Chrome browser on a device then they will in a webview. In order to solve my framerate problems, I worked on my desktop and tried to see which Construct 2 groups were taking the most CPU time. I took one simulation from 1-2 FPS all the way to 60 FPS in CocoonJS and Ejecta on the iPad using this technique. It took a lot of debugging to find and fix the CPU-hogging functions, but it was worth it.

Actually CocoonJS will be supporting WebGL..

http://blog.ludei.com/webgl-demos-arriv ... lay-store/

• [quote:3alom50l]Actually CocoonJS will be supporting WebGL..

http://blog.ludei.com/webgl-demos-arriv ... lay-store/

This is great news! Thanks for pointing it out!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)