Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 pm

[QUOTE=MACPK] based on what? [/QUOTE]

A lot of experience
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 pm

We've done benchmarks showing iOS 6 performs very well for HTML5 games - rarely if ever falling below 30 FPS on our standard Space Blaster performance test. iOS are market leaders in HTML5 support in their browser. But if you PhoneGap a game, it's still horribly slow.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:29 pm

So what I have gotten there is still no clear best way for mobile and it's still in progress.

Don't get me wrong Construct 2 has came a long ways in a short time, but it sounds like it still has a little ways to go before prime time mobile apps are easily created.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 pm

It's great with mobile for my apps that require lots of power. Even 3D games made with construct work great!Zoyt2012-11-18 18:38:39
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 pm

I've found CocoonJS to be great for iOS. Aside from memory issues, my Construct game seems to work exactly as expected, and I can maintain a frame rate of around 30-40FPS. From what I hear, Android performance varies. One developer on the Ludei forums mentioned seeing a huge frame rate increase when he removed a tiled background - I suppose Cocoon is still in the "some features are more reliable than others" stage of development.

I wouldn't mind seeing a performance comparison between AppMobi and CocoonJS. It would be useful to see if certain assets are handled differently, and whether this significantly impacts the frame rate. On a related note, does anybody know whether AppMobi loads all the assets (except music) up-front like Cocoon does?
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:03 pm

[quote]So what I have gotten there is still no clear best way for mobile and it's still in progress.

Don't get me wrong Construct 2 has came a long ways in a short time, but it sounds like it still has a little ways to go before prime time mobile apps are easily created. [/quote]

Actually this not Construct 2 or either HTML5 fault, it's slow because the mobile manufacture still slowly improving their HTML5 browser support and look like they hesitant to enable webgl in thier browser too, but hopefully the day will come :)

right now i see cocoonJS and phonegap is the right way for apps.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm

[QUOTE=Zoyt] It's great with mobile for my apps that require lots of power. Even 3D games made with construct work great![/QUOTE]

Can I ask what you are using to crate the mobile apps. CocoonJS, Appmobi ?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:57 am

@MACPK

I installed Barff Brain Training on my HTC Evo today. It worked beautifully. Great game! Looking forward to seeing more great apps in the future.

Simon
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 pm

[QUOTE=straybullet] [QUOTE=Zoyt] It's great with mobile for my apps that require lots of power. Even 3D games made with construct work great![/QUOTE]

Can I ask what you are using to crate the mobile apps. CocoonJS, Appmobi ?[/QUOTE]

Currently,and hopefully I don't get lambasted for it, Eclipse and Libgdx. Granted, I have to learn it, code it and test it through it's emulator, but it does give me the freedom to include any ad network that is available for the target. Don't get me wrong, C2 has much going for it and it does show promise, I'm just letting it mature a little more :) Don't get me started on GMS though. Granted it too is a excellent tool, but it can be pretty restrictive, not to mention, expensive for many (I don't wish to say too much regarding it as this is out of scope for a C2 forum).
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General