mobile development

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:16 pm

is it tough in mobile game development ??? with the thousands of games being uploaded ??? how can you make money out of this these days?
B

Post » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:56 pm

It depends on the quality of the game, a few Construct 2 games made it to 500,000 or even 1,000,000 downloads, while some never become popular. I wouldn't recommend charging for the game itself, but adding ads or IAP's. Again, how much you make depends on your game. Most simple games don't get huge amounts of attention, but you never know. I don't have an exact answer on how much you can make though because i haven't published a game yet.
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:41 am

You can make a money with these apps through marketing..
B

Post » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:00 pm

It is extremely tough in the mobile marketplace. The competition is huge, there are so many good games for free it's hard to persuade someone to spend much money , or more importantly TIME on a game -unless you are ace at marketing, have a compelling top notch game, and can create a desire and demand for your title.

You can be lucky and your game will take off.. or not. It's like writing a novel and hoping to get on the best seller list. Not likely, but not impossible.

Read this and see what you think: http://www.developereconomics.com/why-successful-indie-developers-are-becoming-a-dying-breed/
B
S
G

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas