Mobile games best resolution ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Interesting info, I've been wondering about the best settings to ensure maximum compatibility with different devices. @BackendFreak , is there a tutorial or example capx available on ratio/scalability?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:02 pm

I wrote about that in my first e-book. Anyway just rewritten this chapter into my blog. You can find it here: What is the best resolution for mobile game?
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:23 pm

@chadorireborn Thank you for the guide and for answering my question. Could you explain when to choose scale inner versus scale outer?
It feels like scale outer is safer. ( since scale inner might cut something important) .. but on the other hand scale outer can do it too, right? Some people say that you should place objects only in safe zone, so they wont be cut. But how do i know where is safe zone? It is very confusing. Could you please explain this? Thank you
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:31 am

@Arclight - Scale Outer and Scale Inner are both good full screen mode when it comes to Mobile Devices. But the design of your game determines which type you are going to use. The question is which is more important to the game designer, to not show more or to not show less. If it is important to your game not to reveal hidden parts at all cost then use scale inner and if it is important for your game to not cut some parts then use scale outer. Either way is fine, just don't use the other fullscreen modes like letterboxscales.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General