Mobile keyboard is overlapping the game layout and textbox

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hello guys!

I have created a mobile word game, that use a textbox input. It really works fine, the only problem that I encountered is that many people use a custom keyboard like "SwiftKey".

The problem is that the keyboard height is really different and now is overlapping the input textbox. I will post 2 screenshots, with normal and custom keyboard.

This and this

So, to get rid of this, I have 2 different options, in my opinion.

1. I could try a plugin that makes the keyboard the default one. (sadly I found one for IOS only - https://github.com/PeerioTechnologies/p ... -keyboards)

2. If I won't find something similar to #1, I could try to get the keyboard height, and automatically resize the rest of layout.

I saw this in a game named "94%" and I'll post 2 screenshots to understand better how it works.

This and this

3. The last idea, is to create a virtual keyboard. This is pretty easy, but the only thing that is bothering me is the "cursor", the letter selector.

What I mean is, if I want to write down "Water", and accidentally wrote down "Waer" (typo), normally, I press between the 2 letters and type the wanted letter. I really don't know how can I do this.

If you guys could help me, or have any idea, would be great!

Thank you kindly!

Edit: The 3rd option would be the best if possible.. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • *bump* :(

• I'm suffering with the same problem.

Best you can do, its resize when keyboards come.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)